SERIOUS PROBLEM!!!........ NEED HELP......

Options
2»

Replies

• RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    thats a lot of good advice people :)

thank you so much.... Also, will the medicines make me gain weight??

another disadvantage is that i really wont b able to monitor my weight all this time as i cant stand on the weighing machine.. so i'd hardly knw of my progress...grr....
  • lolainlondon
    lolainlondon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    In addition to all the stuff people have already said about exercise and calorie control, make sure you keep yourself busy. Do crossword puzzles, read books, make stuff - anything that keeps your hand out of the cookie jar. Something that keeps your hands busy and requires attention is a lot better than watching movies as it's tempting to snack when sitting still, but if you take up jigsaw puzzles or stuff like that, time will fly because you'll be distracted and before you know it you'll be healed.
  • tttanyah
    tttanyah Posts: 14
    Options
    I've seen workout videos for people in wheelchairs. Might be worth checking out. Also, get on youtube and learn to knit...can't eat and knit at the same time! (=
  • watcherII
    watcherII Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    your meds and such should have such nominal calories that you shouldn't worry about them. as for weighing yourself, i see two options: you can get a ride to your local vets office, and ask them if you can use their scale. vet scales have a big platform. weigh your walker alone, then get on with your walker, and subtract the difference. option B, which is better, is just don't worry about the scale until you can stand on one unaided. if you keep to your calorie allowance, and take the advice of the good people who posted, you should easily maintain or lose weight. also, you don't lose weight by weighing yourself, it just shows that you have lost it. keeping to your eating and limited activity plan is the important part. good luck!
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    ^bump.... sry..need a few more suggestions... thnx
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    First thing, don't stress about your weight!
    Being immobile and in pain is hard enough, for now you have enough to deal with, so keep it simple.
    Drink lots of water, adjust your MFP settings to lose 1/2 pound a week or to maintain, and find some healthy snacks and something to occupy your mind and your hands so you don't eat more out if boredom.
    I know 6 weeks feels like forever, but it really isn't. Once you start to heal up and the pain settles, then you can try some upper body work or isometrics, but right now be kind to yourself and give your body a chance to get on with healing.
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    That sucks!

At the gym they have arm bikes... It would help. http://www.ehow.com/video_2351672_use-bike-machine-cardio-exercise.html