Greek Yogurt

Options
2»

Replies

• teachmph
    teachmph Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Arielle...I usually would agree, but even the vanilla has more sugar than I am allowed.

I tried the vanilla, but unfortunately it didn't agree with me....too many sugars.

9829937.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • marcy419
    Options
    I add sugar free jelly and splenda to my Greek yogurt.
  • teachmph
    teachmph Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat greek yogurt because I'm usually over on protein, but why not just buy it already flavored artificially sweetened?

The artificially sweentened greek yogurts have a lot of sugars. The strawberry flavored has about 16 gms and other flavors have more than that. Unfortunately, I have been told to keep my sugar intake low. I'm hoping with the weight loss, I'll eventually be able to increase some at a later date. Until now...I have been told by my doctor and nutritionist to stay on a high protein, low sugar diet to avoid the onset of diabetes.

9829937.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I'm odd, because I actually like the more bitter taste of plain Greek yogurt, so I just add some cereal to it and make that my snack. Cinnamon Chex is awesome with it.
  • brie41085
    Options
    I add sea salt, pepper, some dill and just a drop of olive oil to Chobani fat free plain yogurt for a high protein, low fat dip for veggies, it's delicious! Try it with your own favorite spices and seasonings! It makes eating raw veggies much more appealing!
  • Emmadennewitz
    Emmadennewitz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I havt tried many brands of Greek yogurt and by far my favorite is "Chobani". The yogurt is made with all natural ingredients and has no added refined sugar. All the sugar comes from the added fruit and milk. One serving has 20 grams of protein. I brought some different flavors into work one day for my employees to try and they are all hooked. I have added the plain and the vanilla to a couple of baked oatmeal recipes to add protein,
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat greek yogurt because I'm usually over on protein, but why not just buy it already flavored artificially sweetened?

The artificially sweentened greek yogurts have a lot of sugars. The strawberry flavored has about 16 gms and other flavors have more than that. Unfortunately, I have been told to keep my sugar intake low. I'm hoping with the weight loss, I'll eventually be able to increase some at a later date. Until now...I have been told by my doctor and nutritionist to stay on a high protein, low sugar diet to avoid the onset of diabetes.

I used to eat Kroger brand vanilla which was artificially sweetened but had no added sugar. It's weird that they'd add artificial sweeteners and sugar. But definitely follow your doc's advice.