Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I have the lines

at the side's near your waistline? You know the one's, don't have a clue what they are called though but I have them! It's been years since I've seen them.

I mean, I still have a mummy tummy, which I think I'm always gonna have to some degree but it is going down. I just noticed earlier when I went to the loo, that I have those lines again!!!!!!!!

I started a new circuit training in the gym, been doing it for just 3 weeks now but I notice a HUGE change for the good already. Probably not so much in the scales but meaurement-wise. I should take my measurements and compare them for future ref, never done that. Ah well.

Replies

• papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    take measurements now !!!! before its to late :smile:

are you referring to stretch scars ? as i have them ( from my larger days ) :sad:
  • gsarro
    gsarro Posts: 25 Member
    i have those lines to on my hips. Rather have those than the fat that covered them :)
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Yes, they are stretchmarks. Usually found on women who have had babies, or any male or female who has gained a lot of weight quickly. Its simply that you gained so much weight so fast that the skin couldnt grow to accommodate it and simply stretched.

Worst of all, there's no way to get rid of them, only make the lines...fainter.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    i thought you were on about the v lines?
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    I don't think she's talking about stretchmarks- I know what line you're talking about, wedjul05.

The one that shows up when you start getting fit! I don't know what it's called either, but it makes your hips look 'sculpted', if that makes any sense...
  • meowmily
    meowmily Posts: 85
    I've had stretch marks on my hips/tummy since I was 13 and had my growth spurt. :( not fair. I didn't think you could get them just from getting taller. They got way worse after I put on weight though. :P
    140150 Posts: 27
    ahaha, i'm pretty sure that she's talking about the " v " lines.

and congratulations! i can't wait to have my own, ahaha!
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Agreed based on the original poster's excitement, I doubt we're talking about stretch marks. My guess is she's talking about the line that runs along your Inguinal Ligament which runs from the pubic area up over the hips along the bottom edge of your oblique muscles. That is usually one of the first lines of definition that starts to appear as your abs and surrounding areas loose fat.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    She's talking about the definition between your center ab muscles and your obliques (I think). Good job!
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    I don't think she's talking about stretchmarks- I know what line you're talking about, wedjul05.

The one that shows up when you start getting fit! I don't know what it's called either, but it makes your hips look 'sculpted', if that makes any sense...

Yep it's these one's. Sorry to confuse people. I have the lovely stretch marks alright from being pregnant, never gonna get rid of them (not that I really want to anyway).

My tummy has taken a long time and a good bit of core work to reduce in size. Still there and I look at other girls tummies in work and they are flat but then I remind myself, they didn't have 2 kids back to back. So there in your face flat tummied girls!!! (Don't mean to offend anyone who hasn't had kids but you cannot understand the NEED to get rid of the mummy tummy once you have one!)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Good job!! I've got 8 more pounds of baby weight after my 3rd to go. It's taken me over a year. My belly is look pretty nice though. I can be done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!