Seeing the scale go down

Options
I think this has probably been my biggest motivation for keeping up with my new healthy life style. With the exception of one week due to TTOM I have had a loss every week. And a healthy(ish) loss...the first couple weeks were probably 3 or 4 lbs, but now I'm at a rate of 2lbs per week. And even though I'm not seeing a big difference visually (even with my clothes...just slightly there) I know I'm doing it and I keep looking at the big picture. I had a green chile cheeseburger for dinner last night and it tasted so delicious LOL...my husband and I keep reminding each other that this is a life style change and these things are okay as long as we're not doing them all the time like we had been before.

So thank you MFP and all my firends for your support!

Replies

• AEcklar813
    AEcklar813 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I hear you! That's mine as well. It's a very rewarding feeling to step on the scale and see a lower number than the last time! It helps me to remember why I'm doing this. Congrats on your new lifestyle!
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    Awesome! Just dont get frustered if the scale does go up. Judge your weight by how your clothes fit.
  • MrsPike07
    MrsPike07 Posts: 160
    Options
    I agree 100% that you can have what you want, just in moderation. I usually make cheeseburgers once a week and I eat just one, as opposed to the two I used to consume in the blink of an eye. As long as we continue to lose then what does it matter? At least thats my opinion. I love seeing that number on the scale decrease each week, nothing better! Best of luck to you on your journey!
  • dltaylor8
    Options
    Good for you I needed to hear your story, so that I can keep pushing. Keep it up!
  • bobbiedr
    bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    M, I'm happy you're doing so well with this! I know it's hard, especially with the work folk that order from Fat Phillys, Sunrise, & chinese take-out ALL the time. I'm glad that it's sounding like A is helping you with your journey. Taz is helping me even though he's not doing it himself. If he is making me a plate or anything he knows that I measure EVERYTHING!

I am happy for you, and when you get back into VA (if you are planning on coming back here.) you know you will have my full-on support and we can even go running or working out together. Or we can have family dinners together (either homemade or restaurant) and we can help each other on our choices.

YAY!
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Bobbie - I got A started on MFP last week, so he has been working with me too...which makes it nice! (Fat Philly's! I've been trying to remember the name of that place LOL...I miss their food, but not the calories LOL).

VA is on our list!! It'll be a couple years, but it is definitely a contender!
  • JeanWalker109
    Options
    A BIG congratulations to you on your accomplishments thus far. I think it's so awesome when people become their own true motivators. That's inspiring to me. I'm so very happy for you!

*high five*

Jean
  • bobbiedr
    bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Bobbie - I got A started on MFP last week, so he has been working with me too...which makes it nice! (Fat Philly's! I've been trying to remember the name of that place LOL...I miss their food, but not the calories LOL).

VA is on our list!! It'll be a couple years, but it is definitely a contender!

Yay! Cause we miss you and our little girls could be BFF's growing up! :)

I don't think I could get Taz on MFP. He wouldn't have the patience to count calories and measure everything he eats.