any knitter's here?

Options
just wondering if there are any knitting folk in our midst??

Replies

• SharonLynnFischer
    SharonLynnFischer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am knitting my first thing ever...an afghan and I love it. This keeps my hands busy and I meet so many new friends because we knit in a group.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    awesome! congratulations on your new hobby!!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I am a beginning knitter! Hey, I could use some motivation in my knitting as well! haha! It's taking e forever to just finish one lace pattern scarf!
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I crochet, but i want to learn to knitt :)
  • Aileen46
    Aileen46 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I crochet, if that counts. :)
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    my mum and I knit together, my sister sometimes too but she has been crocheting alot lately.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I love to knit and crochet! I haven't had much time to lately because of exercising, school work, and working. I usually knit and crochet more in the winter! I love making baby blankets for the girls at work!
  • antijen
    antijen Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    OMG yes! Long time veteran/addict here (check out profile pic). So nice to see all of you!

So, of course the next natural question is: are you on ravelry? Haha!
  • ironband
    ironband Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I sort of knit...I make chainmail, so I'm a steel knitter :)
  • antijen
    Options
    It totally counts!
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    yep constantly knitting something lol I even had a store at one time but it was talking up to much time from my family life so I had to give the store up but still knit like crazy for my old fathful costomers that still email me with projects :)

Right at the moment have a shrug for myself on the needles , a pair of socks and for a customer I have longies (for clothing diapering use) and a matching little hat
  • antijen
    Options
    That is so awesome! I saw how that was done once. You must have amazing patience!
  • moonnstarz83
    moonnstarz83 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I enjoy knitting when I have time time. I love to knit baby booties, baby blankets, and other random things that pop into my mind. I have been knitting for about 4 years now. I am self taught from a book, so I am far from an expert, but it gives me something to do when watching tv besides eating.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    yep :) I am
  • antijen
    Options
    yep :) I am

I can tell because, like me, you responded on this site without quoting. Lol!
  • lexy3587
    lexy3587 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I knit! not well... but I made xmas ornaments as gifts for some friends/family last year.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    i do, I have been a bit busy for it but really find it helps keep me from munching at night and helps me feel productive and creative.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I crochet... does that count? :-)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I've been working on my granddaughter's "baby" blanket since her mother announced she was pregnant. My little Cloey is finished with kindergarten. I'm still only 3/4th through her blankie. Sheesh!
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    i just started a ravelry group for my fitness pal if any of you care to join! http://www.ravelry.com/groups/my-fitness-pal