Unreasonable weight gain...

Options
Ok, so I have been doing the 30 day shred.. 4 days completed on level one. I have also been doing 30 minutes of the bigges loser kinect for about the same amount of time. I weighed in on the Friday, the day that I started all this, so I would know what my starting weight is...I have since hopped on the scale every morning, and my weight has gone up. 6lbs in 4 days. I'm not understanding why such a large jump. I was expecting a little bit of weight gain, but not that much. And it has happened so fast. At first I thought it was just water weight, but I have increased my water intake to help with that, and it still is not coming off. I am getting dicouraged, I am going to keep up with it, because I have noticed changes in my body already, but still... ;( any advice would be much appreciated.

Replies

• cnldance
    cnldance Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    if you're noticing changes then it's probably just muscle gain instead of weight gain. also some scales are inaccurate. iw ould just pay attention to the inches you lose and ignore the numbers on the scale. it's about how you feel, not the numbers! you got this! keep it up :)
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    y would you give up if you can see change??

seeing change is better than numbers on a machine
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Your muscles swell as they are worked and retain water as they heal. If you have sore muscles that could be part of the problem.
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself once a week and once only. Same day, same time same circumstances, first thing in the morning is best. Also measure your waist, though your belly button, arms and thighs. Measuring will tell you far more than the scales - all the best.