A side dish

Options
What is a side that can go with chicken. Now I know you're probably thinking anything can go with chicken, but that's not the case this time. I'm eating at my parents bar tonight, and the only "side" we have is french fries. So I'm thinking of something (like out of a box or bag) that I can take there, and they can cook for me to go with my chicken. Any ideas?

Replies

• amartine
    amartine Posts: 125
    Options
    What is a side that can go with chicken. Now I know you're probably thinking anything can go with chicken, but that's not the case this time. I'm eating at my parents bar tonight, and the only "side" we have is french fries. So I'm thinking of something (like out of a box or bag) that I can take there, and they can cook for me to go with my chicken. Any ideas?
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I would stick with vegetables...there are tons of prepared pastas and easy rices and things like that, but they tend to be very high in sodium and overall not the healthiest bet...

Oooooh wait, couscous! If they can boil water for you, they can make couscous, and once the water is boiled it will be ready in 5 minutes. Rachael Ray makes it all the time...and it comes in different flavors...and you can have a whole cup for 220 calories.
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I would stick with veggies.
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    squash and zuchini-they can sautee it up for you, but just go minimum on the butter or maybe pre marinate them so they won't need to add butter
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Mmmm---those Steamer Vegies are great! I like the broccoli, cheese & Cauliflower Steamers (it's all in one bag and very low cal. Add a dab of salt and it's very good! I think 1 cup has 35 calories:smile:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    When all else fails, if you're looking forward to a carb (or you need one), throw a potato in the microwave. One 3 inch potato takes about 4 minutes to nuke. Leave off the butter or use very little, add some s and p, and voila! Yummers.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I would take two things. I like the sauteed zuchinni, but I would take a fresh fruit salad too.