Success without the scale moving much

Options
SO the last 6 months or so I haven't seen the scale move much at all and was beginning to think it would never move more than a half pound at a time again. But I noticed something last night while browsing through some pics, (which I am still not brave enough to post on here) that the picture I took when I started insanity back in March and a picture that I took last night show a drastic difference, eventhough there is only about a 6lb difference between the two. SO TAKE THAT SCALE!!!!! You may not budge but something good is going on!!!!

Replies

• j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    way to go! that's the right attitude to have! muscle takes up much less room than fat, so when we're toning our bodies, we might not see drastic results on the scales, but our bodies are def. getting tighter! keep that positive focus and great job!
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I am totally feeling you on this. I just finished p90x. I actually gained almost 2lbs. But I lost 14inches, and almost 2% of my body fat. The scale is just a piece of the puzzle. It isn't the whole picture by any means.
  • dclove0912
    dclove0912 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    5 pounds of muscle takes up less than 1/4 of the space as 5 pounds of fat! Just take a look at this pic... http://www.onemorebite-weightloss.com/images/fat-v-muscle.jpg
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! My scale is NOT moving! Thank God I took measurements, and they seem to be going down, so not as happy as if the scale was co operating too but hey I'll take a loss in any form :)
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I am in the exact same boat. I have been working with a personal trainer 2 times per week and doing cardio, and watching my calories very well in the past 7 weeks, and the scale has only budged about 4 or 5 pounds. The lack of results on the scale is very, very discouraging. But a friend at work today said I looked skinny (hardly!), she said she could see a difference in my width - butt and legs. Great job!!! We need to stop looking at the scale if we are doing the right things for our health :-)
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My scale hasn't moved in a month but me and my BF can definitely see a big improvement in size!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!