Not to get weird but....

Options
I just went back and looked when I started on MFP to add the start date of my journey to my signature. I then realized it was the 20th year anniversary of my mothers death. Okay so not to be a debbie downer a bring up such a life changing event in my life but...I feel like in some way she was helping me and guiding me into this journey on that day. Is that weird??? I know its probably just coincidence and I am crazy, you can tell me I am its fine!! :smile:
Thanks for listening all!

Replies

• sessaleigh
    Options
    So not weird. She obviously is helping you in some way or another if you can still feel her support.
  • rainbowbuggy
    Options
    She's your angel! We all have a few! :flowerforyou:
  • carmella7164
    carmella7164 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I believe in this. She is watching over you. Congratulations.
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    i believe anything is possible, no its not weird either. i wish you the best of luck on your journey.
  • sel281989
    Options
    GOOD JOB, I'M SURE SHES HELPING YOU OUT!
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Mom's are pretty great like that... and how reassuring to know even more so now that she's with you every step of the way on your weight loss journey! :)
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're crazy nor that it is a coincidence!

It's a beautiful thought.
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    It's not weird at all and I would believe that she did. I know some people don't believe in that stuff, but I do. When I get really stressed at times and feel like I don't know what to do or where to go, something happens to make me think of my grammy and I know it's her telling me everything will be okay. Another example is how for the past 1.5 years I have been looking for a job like crazy, interviews and no call backs and it felt like it would never end. I ended up getting a job at a local Nursing Home and after telling my dad, he mentioned my nanny was there for a bit when I was younger and it made me think she helped me get that job. It's comforting to know the people we have lost are still with us in some form.
  • SaddyPants
    SaddyPants Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Not weird at all! I think it's wonderful that your mom can be with you every step of the way on your journey. Thanks for sharing. :)
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Not weird at all. I'm sorry for the loss of your mother. I lost mine 2 yrs ago and know the pain so well. They are happy we are making healthy changes in our lives.

Blessings!
  • Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    Thats not wierd - thats AWESOME!!!
  • darlynnwd
    Options
    What a wonderfully comforting thought! No weirdness at all...

Blessings...
  • jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I don't feel so crazy now :smile:
    Good luck to you all on your journeys!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I believe it was a sign from your mother.....and when you realized
    the dates it was another sign letting you know she is always here
    for you!
  • alm_kee
    alm_kee Posts: 5
    Options
    I think it is great that in a way you are celebrating your weight loss journey's began by giving your mother credit for instilling in you the determination & will power necessary to under take this important part of your life. I am willing to bet that when your mother was here with you, she helped to mold you for who you are now, and without her you wouldn't be achieving all that you are. Take care.