Hell yeah! Im going raw today!!!!!

Options
BEERRUNNER
BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
RAW.........m attempting to go all day by eating raw fruits and veggies today! So far I have some watermelon and banana and nuts for lunch and Im thinking of a monster salad for dinner!...........Im kinda experimenting with my diet. Im slowly going to try this 1 or 2 days a week. Kind fell it out ya know.

Anyone done this type of diet??

Replies

• BIGBATBASTARD
    Options
    Haven't raw dogged it yet!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    After having a big lunch today and feeling sick, going RAW tomorrow sounds good ....only raw fruits and veggies and maybe some nuts for the day.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    good luck with that! :happy: I need my meat or I would be CRANKY. :devil: LMAO! :laugh:
  • dclove0912
    dclove0912 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm concerned that you wouldn't get enough protein/fat by eating a raw diet, and too many carbs?
  • BIGBATBASTARD
    Options
    good luck with that! :happy: I need my meat or I would be CRANKY. :devil: LMAO! :laugh:

I'm with you!
  • BlueAventer
    Options
    I went raw for a month when I was about 16. The one thing I remember was that I was tired ALL the time and I had NO energy to do anything. I wouldn't do it again. I'm (for the most part) vegetarian, so it's sort of close. :smile:
  • BIGBATBASTARD
    Options
    I'm concerned that you wouldn't get enough protein/fat by eating a raw diet, and too many carbs?

That's why vegetarians always look sick and unhealthy! :devil: :bigsmile:
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options

Raw diet NOT necessary equal to vegetarian. Here is the definition (according to wiki):
    - Raw foodism (or rawism) is the practice of consuming uncooked, unprocessed, and often organic foods as a large percentage of the diet.

You can be:
    * Raw veganism
    * Raw vegetarianism
    * Raw animal food diets

Read more about it on wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raw_foodism

I met this guy (teaching Yoga in my gym), check out his blog.
    http://therawyogi.blogspot.com/

I'm not on any diet, just eating healthy balanced food, but it's a good thing to adapt some healthy diet methods to your regular eating.
  • BlueAventer
    Options

That's why vegetarians always look sick and unhealthy! :devil: :bigsmile:

I'm nearly vegetarian and I DO NOT look sick and unhealthy. :cry: :mad: :wink:
  • bry_all01
    Options

Raw diet NOT necessary equal to vegetarian. Here is the definition (according to wiki):
    - Raw foodism (or rawism) is the practice of consuming uncooked, unprocessed, and often organic foods as a large percentage of the diet.

You can be:
    * Raw veganism
    * Raw vegetarianism
    * Raw animal food diets

Read more about it on wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raw_foodism

I met this guy (teaching Yoga in my gym), check out his blog.
    http://therawyogi.blogspot.com/

I'm not on any diet, just eating healthy balanced food, but it's a good thing to adapt some healthy diet methods to your regular eating.

OP stated "RAW.........m attempting to go all day by eating raw fruits and veggies today! So far I have some watermelon and banana and nuts for lunch and Im thinking of a monster salad for dinner!"

There was NO meat in what he listed, hence my reason for saying I couldn't/wouldn't do it. It wouldn't work for me personally. :bigsmile:

No diet or restrictions in my life - I eat what I want in moderation, well, most of the time... :wink:
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Mmm! I like it raw, and sometimes a little hot!

Meat can be overrated.

I love going natural on occasion.

When I swallow raw, I get tons of energy, I can go all day if I get it at the right intervals.

You know I like it lean and healthy. It tastes soooooooo much better this way!
  • bry_all01
    Options

Meat can be overrated.

When I swallow raw, I get tons of energy, I can go all day if I get it at the right intervals.

bahahahahahahahahaha!!! :laugh: :sad: :laugh: (the tears were from laughter)
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    As long as the OP gets his macros fulfilled within his calorie intake then it doesn't matter.
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options

Meat can be overrated.

You ladies crack me up!!!
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Just be sure that you are eating enough. I know one of the main reasons people fail with RAW diets is that they aren't eating enough. You have to eat a lot more to make up for the calories you would normally get in meats, pastas or breads. So be sure you get all your cals!

...also, I don't think beer is considered raw....just sayin ;P
  • supertracylynn
    Options

Meat can be overrated.

Since I know you like the meat, I have some delicious meat to offer you... As much as you want, when you want it; steamy hot, dripping with juices, you can mix it with other food items or savor it as it is.
    :smooched:
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Nuts, Avocados, Broccoli, Carrots, Lettuce, Ground Flax, and all fruits are enough but like the above poster said, make sure you eat enough.
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options

Meat can be overrated.

Im gonna taste so good then!!! from all the raw fruits and veggies!
  • supertracylynn
    Options

Meat can be overrated.

Im gonna taste so good then!!! from all the raw fruits and veggies!

Last night I was told over and over again that my diet is "Mmm! So Good! Ooo!"
    Just saying!
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    Good luck! Just be sure that you are eating enough. I know one of the main reasons people fail with RAW diets is that they aren't eating enough. You have to eat a lot more to make up for the calories you would normally get in meats, pastas or breads. So be sure you get all your cals!

...also, I don't think beer is considered raw....just sayin ;P

Im just testing the waters...see how I feel. Just the idea of eating fresh and non processed stuff makes me want to try this.
    About the beer....im going sanz beer tonight. Maybe a couple of glasses of Merlot to end the night.
    I also have Bikram Yoga tonite....wish me luck.