worst part of breaking up????

Options
mishelnkiki
mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
for me, its realizing that i had no one that i really associated with anymore outside of him. i went from about 400 txt a day down to a total of 5 yesterday. my phone never goes off anymore. yes, thats pretty much the worst part. lol. well, that and its been a while since i had some... but thats just how it goes sometimes. wats the worst part for u??

Replies

• shiggyshane
    Options
    I agree your so used to calling and texting that when its over you in a little bit of a shock..also for me its being around that person
    all the time like planning your weekends and then when its over if you friends are busy you need to find stuff to do on your own..and yes not gettin some is bad to :happy:
  • beautybrainsbooty
    beautybrainsbooty Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    time for something new....make your own friends & chart your own destiny! You will get some. And it may even be better. :bigsmile: There is someone out there for everyone..believe me; I know ;)
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    The worst part was if the sex was good, it's now gone. Oh, and some of that other mushy crap like cuddling and some other stuff that I can't think of because it really isn't all that important.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Just think...from this point on you'll be so much healthier. You'll establish your own friendships and own activities. Your next relationship will be much more balanced now that you've seen the difference. :)

Now is your time to do the the things you love and make REAL friends that are actually your own friends. Maybe even take a road trip by yourself somewhere to clear the air and start fresh.
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    The worst part is always going from having someone there all the time, to not having anyone there. I hate being lonely, which was probably the cause for me jumping into so many relationships when I was younger. Luckily I will never have to worry about being alone again.. of course until my fiance and I get old and one of us passes away.
  • Simomofmich
    Simomofmich Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I miss cuddling at night. Even more than the sex. No, I'm not gay.
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    What you're referring to is that our emotions/hearts are creating patterns. Breaking patterns and habits are what really hurts the most. It sucks, sorry for your pain!
  • JessicaMarie9382
    Options
    Sleeping alone! I was with my ex for 4 years (almost) and when we broke up I couldn't sleep without putting pillows on his side of the bed.
    Not having anyone to call to say, OMG, you'll NEVER guess......
    Not seeing his family.
    Still being friends with him on facebook and seeing the new girlfriend posting "I love you".
    Cuddling.
    Being excited to see him after work.

LOTS!
  • PeytonSwan
    PeytonSwan Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Actually knowing that there was someone who loved you.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Yeah I had a bf like that, we broke up then I was alone.........................., that made me realize I never wanted to do that again. So I have my own friends and when I get with a bf I keep those friends too. So many girls just stop talking to their friends and will only hang out with the bf's. But it so important in so many ways to have your own set of friends. So you guys don't get tired of only hanging out together, and then when there's a breakup you always have your friends. But don't feel too bad I am in a long term relationship now and I miss going out whenever I want and not checking in with anyone. Grass is always greener eh.
    The worst part for me is right after you break up waking up in the morning and forgetting you had.
  • hifinm
    hifinm Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    things have been great after my breakup/divorce. I have time to do the thngs I want to do. I do Muay Thai Kickboxing and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu 5-6 days a week. It has really helped me drop some weight. I eat better now as well since I don't have to worry about anyone else besides my son. Try to look at the positive things, get out there, and make some new friends. You can do it.

hifinm
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    That was hard for me, too...in college, I was in the marching band. So was he. When we broke up, it narrowed down who my real friends were. But I still had to see him at all these events. And see all the people who "didn't want to get in the middle." It was brutal. We broke up in November, and he didn't graduate until the following spring. Thankfully, I got to enjoy my senior year without him around.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Wanting to talk to the person but not being able to, especially if they were closer to you than anyone else. Thinking about all the things you could be doing together than you won't be doing... Seeing them with someone else.

For me the best way to deal with it- work, exercise, go out with friends.
  • mssweetjay
    mssweetjay Posts: 142
    Options
    I understand how you feel!!! I learn to let go and try to find ways to keep busy!!! It can be nerve wrecking when you are use to " getting some " on a regular basis but trust me that will past too!!! So explore your surroundings that still exist and before you know it you will meet someone special!!!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    It's true that you end up losing at least half your friends when a relationship ends.

The worst part for me was watching him move on with someone else. It's been over a year now, and I truly wish him nothing but the best, but for about 6 months, it killed me, knowing that he was seeing someone else.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    things have been great after my breakup/divorce. I have time to do the thngs I want to do. I do Muay Thai Kickboxing and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu 5-6 days a week. It has really helped me drop some weight. I eat better now as well since I don't have to worry about anyone else besides my son. Try to look at the positive things, get out there, and make some new friends. You can do it.

hifinm

Go you! That's awesome about the martial arts. You found something great to put your heart into and created a better life for yourself. Keep up the great work!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Sleeping alone! I was with my ex for 4 years (almost) and when we broke up I couldn't sleep without putting pillows on his side of the bed.
    Not having anyone to call to say, OMG, you'll NEVER guess......
    Not seeing his family.
    Still being friends with him on facebook and seeing the new girlfriend posting "I love you".
    Cuddling.
    Being excited to see him after work.

LOTS!

This made me want to cry because all are so true, and I've been single for a long time! Actually I was the one who decided to end the last relationship. It's still hard.
  • BIGBATBASTARD
    Options
    Hiding the body!
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Hiding the body!
    LOVE THIS!!! i havent quite figured that out yet... wanna come and help me? seems like ur a pro!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Lack of sex. For reals.

But even more so, when your next significant other comes along, you have to build up the comfort level ALL over again. Sex is no fun when you don't feel confident completely naked, and well.. you always wonder what they are thinking, and blah de blah blah. Oy.