She made me want to cry..so it's just time

Options
My sister in law sent me a nice little message on facebook last night that made me want to rip her throat out and then cry. "You know that when people have their gallbladders taken out, they tend to gain a lot of weight. You might want to look into taking an enzyme pill. Just a thought..."

At 25, I'm a stay at home mom of 3 and I have an amazing husband. I'm 5'0 and weigh about 180...give or take a few pounds. Yes..it's time. The weight needs to come off. And after that message, I'm more determined than ever to lose this weight and keep it off for good. Oh how I miss my pre-baby weight of 124 and a size 6. I want to feel better and I want to do it for myself, my husband but mostly for my kids.

I'm so glad to finally be here and doing this.

Replies

• jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    You can do it girl, Just stick to a plan! Best of luck to you!
  • TashaP2011
    TashaP2011 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You should not have a problem finding positive support here. I am also a stay at home mom of 3 - older though. Feel free to send a friend request if you would like!
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Ummmm for her information. That is not true! excessive eating and poor diet/weight management make them fat.....so she needs to shut her pie hole! I had my gallbladder out in 09' and yea i gained weight but that's because i didnt watch what i ate!
  • smkcx♥
    smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    My sister in law sent me a nice little message on facebook last night that made me want to rip her throat out and then cry. "You know that when people have their gallbladders taken out, they tend to gain a lot of weight. You might want to look into taking an enzyme pill. Just a thought..."

At 25, I'm a stay at home mom of 3 and I have an amazing husband. I'm 5'0 and weigh about 180...give or take a few pounds. Yes..it's time. The weight needs to come off. And after that message, I'm more determined than ever to lose this weight and keep it off for good. Oh how I miss my pre-baby weight of 124 and a size 6. I want to feel better and I want to do it for myself, my husband but mostly for my kids.

I'm so glad to finally be here and doing this.

you know i've heard the completely opposite. I have 5 friends who all had their gallbladders removed. one lost 30lbs, one lost 15. none of them gained any weight!

good luck!
  • Kmarr32010
    Kmarr32010 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    First of all, welcome! Second of all, what an *kitten*! I hope you let her know how that made you feel. Can't believe someone would have the nerve to do that much less family. So sorry that happened to you. Feel free to add me for any support you may need. Good luck on your journey.
  • KeaganJ
    KeaganJ Posts: 9
    Options
    Well welcome! Just to make you feel better you've already taken the hardest step! Getting yourself to the point where you want to make a change and actually go through with it is pretty difficult! If you want you can add me as a friend! I am new here too! And it has taken me about 2 years of unhappiness to get myself here! BTW my name is Keagan!
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    make sure you do it for yourself first and everyone else is secondary.

keep looking forward and you'll make it happen.

good luck! :drinker:
  • digitalsinner
    Options
    I'm sure down the road you'll thank this person for finally pushing you over the edge to making yourself the person you want to be, however...well, can I just say props to you for not ripping her throat out. I don't know that I could have been kind. :)

Welcome to MFP...the people here are AMAZING!
  • megan4487
    megan4487 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! This is a wonderful site full of inspirational people and great ideas. You can do it as long as you are ready to make the lifestyle change. You have some awesome reasons to make the change so I know you will do great. Good luck, add me if you like
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to her! Use what she said as motivation to show her what you're made of!
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Do it for yourself first! You can do it! But if its motivation, you can keep thinking in your head "I'll show her......" welcome, by the way!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    how RUDE of her to say such evil things. It is one thing to be concerned, but a whole different story to be so blatantly rude. I mean, I am all for honesty, but wow...You do this for you, to make you feel good about yourself, sweetie.
  • ladybug11
    ladybug11 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    First of all, that was a little tactless. It did, however, motivate you, so it's a good thing. You've come to the right place since you'll find lots of help and support here. Feel free to friend me if you would like. Welcome, and I wish you lots of success.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    "You know that when people have their gallbladders taken out, they tend to gain a lot of weight. You might want to look into taking an enzyme pill. Just a thought..."

Was it her intent to insult you or was she just trying to help? I would look at her intentions not her words.
  • mrscjwilson
    Options
    Were did she get her PhD specializing in weight gain after gallbladder removal? Should shove your gallbladder down her throat once removed.
    Whooosaahhh .....sorry for the violence.
    Look, You are headed in the right direction for change, and your doing it for all the right reasons and she just gave you added motivation! You can accomplish ANYTHING you set your mind to do!
  • ebramlett
    ebramlett Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Great attitude!! Now go and kick its butt!!
  • EJsMom310
    EJsMom310 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Please tell me that your sister-in-law is a fatty?! (I know everyone else is thinking it!)

Forget her and yea, you can do this. But you've got to forget about her stupid remarks. It's awesome that you've realized for YOU that it is time. That's kind of how it was for me. I had been so happy and content with my fat (LOL) that I didn't even realize how I was starting to look and sometimes even feel -healthwise.

My MFP profile reflects that I have lost 8 pounds but it has really been more like 27 and that's after a whopping 1 1/2 years. The road has been rocky for me and I know that I have so far to go but like you said, "it's just time."

Join me? Help me? *friend request coming your way!* :D
  • RJSuperMan
    RJSuperMan Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'll hold her down....
  • johnny_k
    johnny_k Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Be a duck and let her comments roll off your back. Keep focusing on the positive-your husband, kids, and how good you are going to feel when you reach your goals. Remember to take it one day at a time and you will get there. You have a lot of people here rooting for you.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!

Before you know it, you will be getting a message to the opposite effect....