50th Time's the Charm, right?

Options
Okay, so maybe I haven't tried to lose weight 50 different times (maybe I actually have), but it sure feels like it! I have 100+ lbs. to lose and am looking for some great friends to help along the way!

Replies

• dont_u_mean_carrots
    Options
    Welcome.

Try this. Instead of saying you've tried to lose weight 50 times why not this time make it so you aren't trying to lose weight?

Watch your food and exercising and the weight will come off. Note everything on paper. Write it all down. Put it all on the site for everyone to see.

Instead of trying to lose weight you should change your behaviors that accumulate weight.
  • travishein
    Options
    You can do it. I just did (110 total loss currently, over more than 2 years and counting).

But if you need some friends or motivation, count me in.
  • fine4now
    fine4now Posts: 84
    Options
    I know the feeling. You have came to the right place, Lots of motivation and support here. Feel free to add me.
  • steelguy54
    steelguy54 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I want to lose 25 pounds but I start losing some then I cheat. Its a vicious cycle.
  • robyn525
    robyn525 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. Each time I go to loose weight it seems I gained more than the last time I tried.

It is so hard to do calorie counting, especially for the foods one enjoys. Since I am still going to school part-time, working full-time, and live by myself with 3 cats, it is hard not to get stressed and eat the foods that help.

Even though I work out twice a week most of the time, it seems to not be enough with the wrong eatting habits. This is my 3rd or 4th time starting over and many times in my life starting over to loose weight. I am trying to eat healthier.

Support is the best thing. My boyfriend and I are going to try to loose weight at the same time since we both have gained a lot since meeting each other 2 years ago.
  • Stephhhy1910
    Options
    feel free to add me, 110 pounds to lose here. I've lost 12 already and it feels great, there are alot of motivating people here!!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Okay, so maybe I haven't tried to lose weight 50 different times (maybe I actually have), but it sure feels like it! I have 100+ lbs. to lose and am looking for some great friends to help along the way!

Right! The OP is right. It's not a diet. It's a lifestyle change. Take it gradually, and make attainable goals. Log EVERYTHING, and down the road start adding in some exercise. We all had to start somewhere. You CAN do this!!! Add me if you'd like! I'm now a fitness instructor (who'd have thunk), so if you ever need fitness help, I am HERE! :-) Welcome!!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    hello person in the same boat! we can totally do this.
  • watcherII
    watcherII Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    hey, we're all here for the same reason: to get healthier, including getting to a healthy weight. i've tried so many times i lost count. let's just call the past "practice", a rehearsal for the real thing, which is now! we're all here for you, and you can do this, you know you can! please feel free to add me! good luck, and smart choices!
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Yes, 50s times a charm! Or whatever this time is, because you're going to do this! I've barely just begun myself, so add me if you want! :-)