New here...

Lapisblusky
Lapisblusky Posts: 5
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hello all, I'm new. A friend told me about this site, and I'm impressed! I hope to lose a bunch of weight in a healthy way by tracking my intake and exercise here. I'm almost 46, menopausal, and I sit at a desk all day, so it's going to be a struggle. :)

Replies

• Hello all, I'm new. A friend told me about this site, and I'm impressed! I hope to lose a bunch of weight in a healthy way by tracking my intake and exercise here. I'm almost 46, menopausal, and I sit at a desk all day, so it's going to be a struggle. :)
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Drink lots of water! :drinker:

Welcome & good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    you have made the first step, take it day by day, my journey has been slow, but at least i know the weight will stay off, because i have lost at a steady pace :wink:

the site is great for advice and support, i love it! :flowerforyou:

good luck with your weight loss journey, we can do it together :drinker:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too.
  • Thanks for the welcome, I am impressed with this site's many options and the food counter! I really like that you have lots of options when entering foods and all the wonderful advice on the boards. Just being aware of what I eat will be a huge plus, and what an easy way to do it! ~ :)
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Welcome:flowerforyou: Set a mini goal to get started for about 2-5lbs (that's what I did) and once you reach that, your motivation will soar! I'm a mini goal person anyway, but it makes the journey not seem quiet as long!! Best Wishes:wink:
  • Thanks for the support, I plan on spending a lot of time here reading about what worked for others. I've been awful in the past about drinking water, and coffee doesn't count! :sad: (I love my two cups in the morning!) :drinker:

I have a hard time because my hubby and son are both huge guys - 6'2" & 6'4" & over 300lbs (both of them). They eat like piranhas and they think I'm starving myself if I don't load my plate. :noway:

Thankfully I have a brand new cafeteria at work with a nicely stocked salad bar! :bigsmile:

Can you tell I love the little smileys too?
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Drink your water...
This discussion has been closed.