Screaming At My Scale

Weight loss tips? I get so frustrated when I look at my scale and have hardly loss any pounds, I need some motivation! Add me and maybe that'll help :) But are there any exercises that lose weight the quickest? Really, how have some people dropped so much?

Replies

• chozynvessel
    chozynvessel Posts: 12 Member
    It's good to mix cardio with strength training in intervals, your scale won't change as much as your body measurements and the way your clothes fit, that is the real reward. Scales don't tell the whole story but this is the best method I've found so far. About 2 years ago I was doing this and I lost like 13 inches between 3 places in 6 wks. I only lost like 20 pounds but my clothes were huge. I'm trying to get back to that.
    What I mean by this is go like 10 min. on a cardio machine and then do some strength training with weights for 10 then go back to cardio. It keeps your muscles confused enough that they keep working hard and you build them and turn lean.
  • LexusG
    LexusG Posts: 9
    Gracias for good tips :)
  • Scoochie1
    Scoochie1 Posts: 121 Member
    The more weight there is to lose, the quicker it'll come off, so don't lose heart if it is taking 2 weeks to budge half a pound. And your clothes will be a better guide than your bathroom scales
  • haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    seems like for me it takes a little while longer to at first lose weight. like i dont see a huge loss and then it started to drop!hang in there! :)
  • haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    seems like for me it takes a little while longer to at first lose weight. like i dont see a huge loss and then it started to drop!hang in there! :)
  • Most on here have not lost the weight through the quickest method.

If something is too good to be true it is. Losing weight quick is too good to be true.

I'd quit focusing on the scale and focus more on your diet. Track everything you eat and put it all on the diary every day.

Watch your food diary for a month and include some exercises. The exercise should make you sweat and then go a few more minutes for good measure. Then after your month of this is done check the scale. You will be surprised.

Do it for another month and then check the scale again.

The scale shows you a symptom of a larger problem. The scale will not fix the problem it will only make you unmotivated to get at the real issue. The real issue is behavior. This behavior has to be changed or the scale will always make you scream until you just do it right.
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    It is different for everyone really. Running I would say is going the shed the pounds the fastest because its cardio as well as a lot of muscle training. That or swimming.

I also have read a lot, and people have different theories but think about it...our bodies do not need all of the processed carbs we feed it. Now I am not saying we don't need carbs, I am not going all fad diet on ya, but really...I try and limit myself to 1 unhealthy carb a day (that means anything that isn't a fruit or veggie), and either at breakfast or lunch so my body has time to digest it.

So for instance today I had cereal for breakfast...so for the rest of the day I am going to stay away from any other type of breads, like chips, pasta, buns, pastries etc. Now I haven't been sticking to this like I should, but when I do, and WITH exercise, I can lose and easy 2lbs a week. Sunday is my designated cheat day where I don't count calories and don't worry about how many processed breads I have had (now I don't go ape sh**, but I might enjoy a bowl of cereal at breakfast AND maybe some chips at lunch)

I also try and do 6 mini meals rather than 3 big meals. I love food and being able to snack through out the day (healthy snacks like an apple and PB) makes me feel like I am not being deprived of my food.

Every few weeks I have a day or 2 where I only eat natural foods so basically fruits and veggies. This going up and down helps from plateauing out and for me gives a little variety.

Idk, like I said there are different theories and ways everyone chose to shed the pounds. I know a few of my friends don't agree with my 1 processed carb rule and 6 mini meals rather than 3 big meals, but hey it works for me!

oh and I also have been trying to make a lot of meals from scratch vs box. It takes a little longer, but it's actually cheaper! I made my own black bean burgers for probably 1/4th the cost than buying them frozen in a box and I can name every ingredient!
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    My mantra is that the scale is just another tool - not the end all be all (I know so much easier said than done:wink:). But that is the truth. If I know I have been tracking my food and not going over, I have been drinking my water, I have been walking and trying to move around when I can (I have a desk job), etc. then I know sooner or later the scale and I will get along. But the scale is just another tool. Just like some days (especially on the weekend) I hate the food diary beacuse I can't eat everything I want - some days I hate the scale. Hang in there - you can do it:flowerforyou:
  • LexusG
    LexusG Posts: 9
    Thanks all for good advice, Ill be sure to try to follow all of it :)