Looking for friends with same problems.

Options
yelsdod
yelsdod Posts: 14 Member
Hi there. I am over 50 and have managed to stick to a diet for over 4 weeks. I am now looking for friends to talk to with the same issues.

1. Over 50
2. Looking to be slim and healthy
3. Lost a few pounds and have a goal of 36lb + to loose
4. I love alcohol.
5. Husband and mfp members know of the diet.
6. Going through the menapause

If you qualify for any or all of the above please be my friend. I am on mfp every day and look at the forums at least once a week. If you want a friend to talk to once or twice a week I am happy to be invited.

Replies

• lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am 51 yo, want to be slim and healthy, Original goal was to lose 35 pounds, like my mich ultra, Boyfriend knows of the diet and I think I am in perimenapause...lol....

add me if you like :smile:
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hello =) Like you, I am:

1. Looking to be slim and healthy
    2. Lost a few pounds and have a goal of 36lb + to loose (pushing 60lb to lose in small increments ~ hahaha)
    3. I love alcohol.

I am 36, mother of 5, divorced, dating (one awesome guy), and love this site! The people here are great and Im looking to make some new friends too ;)
  • redi2
    redi2 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    hello,
    this is my first post.. :)

1. I am working on getting fit and healthy and losing weight. I started in Jan on mfp and have lost 20 pounds so far. I have 10 more to go to goal.
    2. I love to drink some beers. LOL
    3. I am over 50 and going thru menopause also
  • Txfiestagirl
    Txfiestagirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is my first post as well. I will be 50 in January. I had a hysterectomy in Feb. I am happily married and having a helluva time losing weight. I joined MFP yesterday. I am a high school math teacher and I go back to work on Thursday and breakfast tacos and doughnuts are being provided (it's going to be a tough week). My husband joined MFP yesterday as well.

I live in New Braunfels, TX where it is very, very hot. My usual exercise (walking) is not happening right now because of the heat. We do kayak once a week.

I'm not sure how MFP friends works. Is it like FB? I, too, can use some support. Thanks so much. Lauren
  • Debi907
    Debi907 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi - I am also over 50 & needed to get my weight under control before meno hit. I lost 25# over a year ago & am trying to lose 5 more & keep it off. MFP has helped me to really think about what I put in my mouth. Like Txfiestagirl, I also work in a school. That means scones, donuts & treats delivered to the teachers lounge from our fabulous staff & families. Yikes! Please add me if you'd like & we can all help each other. Good luck!