McDonalds Breakfast Sandwiches

Options
2»

Replies

• truc2878
    Options
    Try dropping one side of the biscuit or muffin, eat it like a piece of pizza and get rid of some calories.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I happen to not agree with most of the responses. I don't think it's ok if you are making a lifestyle change. Fast food is the last thing you should be eating. If you are strictly going for weight loss, calories in and calories out and the amount contained in the food fits into your daily budget then go for it but if it's a lifestyle change then fast food should be out completely for a while.

I also disagree with this. For me, I am trying to eat cleaner, but I'm not giving up all my eating out entirely. I am slowly reducing it, but I will never, ever, completely give up junk food.

I was able to stop eating junk food when I was trying to lose weight for my wedding. However, that had an end date in sight.

Now that I'm doing this as a lifestyle change, I can't honestly say that I will never go to a fast food joint again. I can try to choose the lower calorie options, and only go out to eat once a week, rather than several times a week, but I will not pretend that I am giving it up forever.

Another example was a birthday at work this week. My coworker said, "Oh, you're trying to lose weight. You probably aren't going to eat the cake, are you?" I said, "Yes, I'm going to eat the cake. I'm just going to have a small piece. I am going to celebrate with you guys, but I certainly will not pretend that I'm not going to ever have cake again. Happy birthday!"

As I lose the weight, I'm going to eat all the same things that I plan on eating when I am in maintenance mode. I don't believe that you can stop eating all your favorite foods and then go back to whatever it was that you were doing before and expect to keep the weight off. If I eat the junk food in moderation and have a slow and steady weight loss, I think I stand a better chance of keeping it off.
  • Damiancie
    Options
    Check out this page from hungry girl - http://www.hungry-girl.com/askhg/show/2040
    Some highlights...

Subway Egg White Muffin Melts - These are amazing. Most of 'em clock in at 150 - 220 calories and 3.5 - 8g fat (PointsPlus® value 4 - 6*). Just steer clear of the fattier Mega and Sausage Melts available at some locations.

Dunkin' Donuts Egg White Wake-Up Wraps - If you are lucky enough to live near a Dunkin' Donuts store, you should really try these. They rock... a lot! Go for Turkey Sausage or Veggie -- just 150 calories, 5 - 6g fat, and a PointsPlus® value of 4* each. So good!

A fave recipe for a McGriddle Swap!
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1313
  • Jelleebean
    Jelleebean Posts: 212
    Options
    i did a bit of math on this when i started this... i had a habit of going to tim hortons and getting 2 plain bagels with sausage, egg, and cheese... i didn't care at the time.. but, that right there is 1100 cals...

i didn't want to quit cold turkey, so, switched to a single bacon, egg and cheese on and english muffin... 330 cals... upon further research, found out could get almost the same thing at Subway for 190 cals.

do a bit of searching for places that offer breakfasts... you can find almost the same thing at a reasonable calorie count... cuz every now and then, you have to treat yourself. it's all about moderation, and not completely depriving yourself, as long as you're honest about it, and log it accordingly :)
  • CandyJ9
    CandyJ9 Posts: 38
    Options
    If you go the make it at home route and there's a Vons/Safeway near you, they have Canadian bacon from Eating Right. Clocks in at only 60 calories for FOUR slices. And for an English muffin, you only need one. I love that stuff on a muffin with egg beaters or sometimes with a poached egg. Yum.
  • AndrewTub
    AndrewTub Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love Mcds breakfasts too much ! I make my own egg muffins... I just poach the eggs, toast the muffin, maybe add slice of cheese or another egg. Takes around 2 minutes slurp
  • AndrewTub
    AndrewTub Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love Mcds breakfasts too much ! I make my own egg muffins... I just poach the eggs, toast the muffin, maybe add slice of cheese or another egg. Takes around 2 minutes slurp
  • Princessa1982
    Options
    i really only get the egg mcmuffin when i have breakfast at mcdonalds. I find the biscuits or bagels are gross and not worth the calories. I always ask them not to butter the english muffin, and i am on my way. Sometimes I will even throw some bacon or sausage on it just for yummy fun!

You have to enjoy some things sometimes otherwise you will flip back to old habits!!!