Profile Picture

Options
bgelliott
bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
I was just wondering if it bothers anyone else when you are friends with people and they don't have a profile picture. It's really not a big deal but sometimes I wonder why people won't post a picture of themselves...just so we can put a face with the person we are talking to.

Replies

• adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I wish I had your abs!
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Yes it kinda does... and you look amazing! I think you are my new role model!!
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    it does to an extent... I like to "see" who I'm friends with, you know!
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    It does bother me but to each his own.
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I don't care if they have a picture of themselves. However, it is nice to have some visual representation of a friend, if only to get an idea of who that person is (or so I don't get people confused). Heck, even a google image is better than nothing.

Edit: and I'm not just saying this because my own picture right now is of cellular cleavage...
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    YES, It bothers me when my 'friends' don't have pictures.... because then I can't help but picture a creepy perverted poser.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    YES, It bothers me when my 'friends' don't have pictures.... because then I can't help but picture a creepy perverted poser.

Same here. It bugs the *kitten* out of me.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I think it's sort of ironic that you complain about not being able to put a face to people, but your pic doesn't really show your face either.

But that aside, it doesn't bother me, because I understand that some people have serious esteem and body image issues that they may not have dealt with yet. When they feel safe, they will put up a profile pic. Till then, that anonymity helps insulate them from the judgement they have come to expect from the world. What we look like doesn't define who we are.
  • bgelliott
    Options
    I just think it's more pleasant to put a face with the name/username
    I don't get creeped out or anything
  • bgelliott
    Options
    I think it's sort of ironic that you complain about not being able to put a face to people, but your pic doesn't really show your face either.

But that aside, it doesn't bother me, because I understand that some people have serious esteem and body image issues that they may not have dealt with yet. When they feel safe, they will put up a profile pic. Till then, that anonymity helps insulate them from the judgement they have come to expect from the world. What we look like doesn't define who we are.

True but I have several photos in my profile that show my face :-)
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I always just think of this guy

pedofile.jpg
  • Abigailblue39
    Abigailblue39 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    It's more fun with photos and uptates. But I have friends without pic, one of whom I know in person.
  • bgelliott
    Options
    I always just think of this guy

pedofile.jpg

LOL - That's so awesome! Thanks for the laugh :-)
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I won't add anyone who doesn't have some kind of a profile picture. It doesn't even have to be them....just something. The no pic at all thing has always kinda creeped me out.
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    It's cool to be associated with a random image instead of a face. Maybe it's because I like everything to be more askew than straight foward though... also, I dunno, it's the internet. I don't really care who I'm talking too :indifferent:
  • erinhale
    erinhale Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    When your abs looks that d@mn good, you don't need a face :).
  • bgelliott
    Options
    When your abs looks that d@mn good, you don't need a face :).

ROFLMAO - Thanks!
    I did change my picture though just so people can see my face since I got slightly slapped on the hand for asking the questions and having a profile pic without a face! I was actually talking about people who had no picture at all but whatever....lol
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I had a photo of me, but it was old and I don't have a decent recent one (every time I go to take one it's right after work out and I can't keep my hand steady enough to get a clear shot). so instead I have pics in my profile of me and post pictues that make me laugh as my profile picture.