Just an itty bitty success :)

This isn't really about my weight, or my caloric intake, or about any of those (important), but very numerical values. I used to be extremely athletic, playing badminton at a national level about 2 years ago. I'd bring home the golds from the provincial tournaments, be praised by family and friends, and was just an all around very happy person.

Then, I switched schools and was introduced to the dreaded buffet style dining hall. My weight grew from 140 to over 165 in the span of 2 years. I know, for some, this many not be a lot, but to me...I was horrified. My self confidence went down... I started slouching...and that slouching made me look even larger than I was. My whole body image just crashed.

I've always thought I had odd body proportions: 5'9", with small hips, and comparatively, very broad shoulders. After losing 15 pounds since March of this year, I decided to start losing again, and with the help of MFP and my boyfriend... I looked in the mirror at the gym today while working out and thought... Wow! That girl is SMOKIN' doing her squats ;)

Sometimes, some of the best successes are from your heart..(cheesy, but true). So, for everyone here on a mission.. if you're feeling a little down, or you're plateauing or stalling for a bit, just take a look at yourself and all the weight you've lost. You look fantastic :)

Replies

• brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    That is awesome....especially considering the fact that we are our own WORST critics! So if you think you're smokin, then get out the fire extinguisher! :bigsmile:

Thanks for the reminder.....I just looked down and flexed my feet and saw these awesome calf muscles pop out of NOWHERE! And now I'm gonna go into the restroom and flex my arms just for giggles! :laugh:
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    I can totaly see myself doing this at my jobs bathroom...LOL!!:laugh: :laugh:

Great job and nice insperational post
    That is awesome....especially considering the fact that we are our own WORST critics! So if you think you're smokin, then get out the fire extinguisher! :bigsmile:

Thanks for the reminder.....I just looked down and flexed my feet and saw these awesome calf muscles pop out of NOWHERE! And now I'm gonna go into the restroom and flex my arms just for giggles! :laugh:
  • That is awesome....especially considering the fact that we are our own WORST critics! So if you think you're smokin, then get out the fire extinguisher! :bigsmile:

Haha! Definitely!

Do it! :bigsmile:
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    I did it! Walked into the restroom here at work and admired my guns! (Thank you Jillian & the 30DS!) :wink:
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Sometimes, some of the best successes are from your heart..(cheesy, but true). So, for everyone here on a mission.. if you're feeling a little down, or you're plateauing or stalling for a bit, just take a look at yourself and all the weight you've lost. You look fantastic :)

Cheesy or not, all I have to say is:

<3
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    I did it! Walked into the restroom here at work and admired my guns! (Thank you Jillian & the 30DS!) :wink:

Hate to post again, but had to chime in -- I've been staring at my own triceps when walking by windows all day! So silly, but I love the self-love!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!