I have to lose A WHOLE PERSON

Options
2»

Replies

• iluvtosing2u
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who responded to my post! And thank you to all of my new friends! I'm feeling really good about this ;-)
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I was a little disgusted with myself when I saw how much I had to lose. For some reason this site has been very motivating for me. In the past I have tried a couple of other online "diet" sites and even Adkins. I always knew from the beginning that it wasn't going to work. I was not motivated and I hated the food or having to exclude all carbs, etc. I knew I just couldn't eat that way for the rest of my life. From day one on here I have known it would work. I just have a different mind set. No food is "off limits", I just have daily limits. Logging my food makes me keep my intake in the forefront of my mind. I eat much healthier and have so much more energy. I am focusing on small goals as well, but not necessarily in terms of weight lost. I am eating healthier first. Then I am gradually adding exercise. In the future I will be cutting out diet soda and increasing fitness goals. i am not trying to change everything at once and I know I will hit plateaus and have to tweak things. I am not on a "diet", I am changing my lifestyle in maintainable ways. Everyday I feel better and know that you will too. If you ever need motivation your online MFP friends are there and the message boards are so wonderful. Welcome and I can't wait to see your success!
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am in the process of losing a "person" too. It is a long journey but will be well worth it. I would suggest having 5 pound mini goals in between your big 20 pound chunks. It helps to keep me motivated and I like rewards! lol Good luck to you :)
  • Goldbergo
    Options
    It doesnt matter how much you have to lose- as long as you are here. The good news is, the first pounds are the easiest! I am on my last 10 (to 15, depending on how bloated I am) and I swear they seem like 100...its so hard at this point. But trust me- dont get discouraged when you hit a plateau, just keep pushing through it, and be PATIENT with yourself- it cant happen overnight.
  • MisScorpio
    Options
    Do not focus on the BIG picture but mini goals you set for yourself.. You can do this. Just think 10lbs not 190.. Add me if you want a friend. :happy:
  • nbridgen
    Options
    If you are successful (am confident you will be) any chance you could lose my wife for me!?

I'm brave when I'm online :) now I'd better go and finish the washing up and do some ironing...(wonder how many calories that'll burn me off)

Good luck Iluvtosing2u

Nick x
  • Tabby1980
    Tabby1980 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm a similar starting weight and like you I've lost some in the past only to put more back on again. Over the last 6 months or so my weight has really crept up on me and when I weighed myself for the first time in almost a year I was shocked at how heavy I'd got. I'm setting my goals a little at a time too and hopefully we'll get there in the end - the success stories on here are great motivation as is the wonderfull support and friendly atmosphere. All the best, Tabby x
  • witstar
    witstar Posts: 25
    Options
    welcome! i've just started as well and am loving the support of people who truly know what it's like. i've also lost a huge amount of weight in the past and put it all back on. so many of us have, i think. but now...it's time to do it once and for all. i am sick and tired of being sick and tired!!!

i know how hard it is to look at how much you want to lose as a whole. what i am trying to focus on is health. not the numbers. if i change my lifestyle to HEALTHY, the weight WILL COME OFF. this is where i try to keep my thoughts.

good luck!! i'll friend you!

sending love xoxo
  • kentishmaid
    Options
    I have to lose a petite, perfectly formed person! 128lbs - it could be Britain's next model -lol. We can do this! We're in the right place - why didn't I discover it sooner? It would have saved years of heartache.

Slow and steady wins the race so just take it a day at a time. :flowerforyou: