Hi! New to MFP, but not to training!

Options
Hi!
My name is Justine and I live in Montréal (Québec). I heard about MFP a few months ago but I started to seriously use it last week. I usually work out a lot in the summer (I’m a teacher so I have the summer free!) but this year I started really late (last week...) and I plan to work hard for the next month!
*By the way, sorry for my English, since I live in Québec, it’s my second language! Hope I’ll do it right*

My goal is to lose weight, but also to gain muscle! So I started 30 day shred yesterday (did it twice!) and I LOOOOOOOVED it! I’m planning on doing it for 30 days as it says, and go for Ripped in 30 right after.
My favorite work out is real bicycling (not in the gym) and I do about 40 km (25 miles) each day, 5 times a week, in the summer. I think it's a really good work out 'cause you can't "cheat": it's you and the road, you can't just stop like you can do at the gym.

My body can fit easily (I did it 2 years ago, lost 30-35 pounds in 2 months, gain a lot of muscle, I was proud and felling great with myself) but I also can gain weight quite fast, I won’t even notice. It’s a little frustrating ‘cause the minute I stop training, I start to gain weight. I don’t eat fast-food at all (maybe pizza once in a while, if you consider it fast-food), I don’t eat meat, only fish, don’t drink beer, don’t drink Coca cola or any other soft drinks, I only got real juice, but I prefer water. I try to get good proteins and I avoid all types of prepared food. As you can see, even if I don’t eat as many vegetables and fruits as I should do each day, I’m doing pretty fine.

Anyway, the next weeks (and months) are going to be hard on my body, but I want to drop AT LEAST 3 size of clothing. I don’t really like to talk about weight in LBS or KG because I know how gain muscle can give you the idea that you didn’t lose any weight!

So, nice to meet you and feel free to add me as a friend if you want to!

Have a nice day,

Justine

8899880.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Robscofle
    Options
    Hi Justine

Good to hear your committed to improving your health and fitness (although I confess I am worried that losing 4lbs a week is too fast and the level of effort required must be very difficult to maintain long-term). Friend request me so I can follow your progress and give any support/advice I can.
  • justine5587
    justine5587 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Well, I don,t remember asking to lose 4 lbs a week... Maybe it MF who calculated that way. Anyway, as I said, the weight is only ONE measure, I prefer to measure in size. I'm doing a lot of toning exercice, and I can see the difference, even if the scale doesn't! :)

I'll add you!
  • Robscofle
    Options
    Hi Justine

It is always better to judge your progress on size rather than weight, especially if your wanting to increase your muscle mass Good luck with your efforts. Keep me posted.