Brand new...any tips?

Options
Hi! I'm brand new to this site. I've been exercising and dieting on my own with a little sucess and am looking to kick start my fitness/diet goals. Does anyone have any tips about the site or just tips in general? Thanks!!!

Replies

• janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    definitely use the message boards...the "motivational and support" section has alot of challenges you can join to keep yourself in check ...and makes lots of friends that are active on the site...so you get alot of feedback
  • 4x4n8
    4x4n8 Posts: 29
    Options
    Welcome! Its a really great site, lots of support and a variety of info. My only tip would be- find what works for you & stick with it. Have a person in your life that will motivate, encourage, support and also hold you accountable.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Measure / weigh everything.

eat at least half of your exercise calories.

GL!
  • Jessabelle12
    Options
    Make sure you track EVERYTHING you eat... it'll make you realise what you're eating and even encourage you to eat better. Read the message boards and make friends. Feel free to add me. I find having the support right there on my home page is great motivation! :)
  • kiwikara
    kiwikara Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    If your phone supports it, get the MyFitnessPal App!! And log EVERY thing you eat! On days I work/have class, I make my lunch the night before and pre-log it into my diary so I know what kind of breakfast and dinner I can have! Best of luck on your journey!!
  • angela360
    Options
    Thanks so much for the tips!