Replies

• jwallace84
    jwallace84 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    work it OUT!!!
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Since you sound a little stressed and frustrated, I would say yes, go ahead and workout. Even though it might keep you up a little longer, you will feel much better.

I've never regretted working out. In fact, I think every single time, I am glad I did it.
  • TooFit2Quit
    Options
    Start fresh tomorrow! You will have more vigor and energy :) You have my permission hehe
  • kellyinottawa
    Options
    Hey!

why not go for something easier and commit to going hard tomorrow? I am a huge fan of shark week right now, so on commercials, I did some strength training exercises.
    Then just now I finished doing this cheesy 8 minute ab workout from YouTube.
    Once you get a little momentum going you may change your mind.

Either way - don't feel bad. Tomorrow is a new day!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Honestly, as late as it is, I would suggest starting the day tomorrow with a good workout and staying under your calories for the rest of the week. Studies have suggested that working out in the hour or two before bedtime can interfere with your sleep.

Just don't beat yourself up over it. Going over once in a while (even by 500+ calories) isn't going to kill your diet. In fact, if you have it set to lose 1 lb a week, 500 cal over the goal will put you right at maintenance for the day. So it's not too bad, really. Just start fresh tomorrow and move forward.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I ask myself if I've ever regretted working out once I'm done with the work out, and the answer is always no. So, I force myself on those days. You'll be so glad that you did it once you're done.

THIS. I almost always (talking 98% here) am glad that I worked out. You'll feel better, be more in control, and have a new tool in your tool box for stressful situations. you can do it!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Do a workout always workout late and i always feel great afterwords
  • kellyinottawa
    Options
    I've never regretted working out. In fact, I think every single time, I am glad I did it.

Well said Mary!
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I just did. I HATE working out in the evening but I overslept this morning and with work, I got home late. So I worked out at 9pm. I did something sort of light. You can do a run, or a yoga video. Just something to get you feeling better. Totally worth it.
    Get off of here and just do it!!:bigsmile:
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Do it, it is not that late
  • Imsojen
    Imsojen Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Workout.... Never ever regretted a workout!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Always start NOW. Not tomorrow.
  • everettj
    Options
    Meet yourself halfway--and just do a 10 - 20 min. workout. That's better than nothing :) My hubby and I just finished a 51/2 mile bike ride and I'm already thinking about my 6:00 am bootcamp class in the morning.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. My adrenalin gets going too much, and I can't wind down. If I worked out this late, I wouldn't fall asleep for hours. Way too many hours, and then I'd be junk tomorrow. I'd chalk it up to a lousy day, and start fresh tomorrow.
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all these great viewpoints - It is now 10:24 and I decided to NOT workout and just try to recoop the calories tomorrow with a hard workout and a slight reduction in calories for tomorrow. AND I'M ALSO NOT WEIGHING MYSELF!
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    just do it.

what he said. I do morning cardio and evening cardio, usually don't start till 9pm, it fills the evening time with something other than sitting on my butt and helps keep you from snacking.
  • michaelynj
    Options
    I felt the same way tonight after I ate 571 calories over. I just burned 412 of it , now I don't feel as bad. Its worth it bro trust me :happy:
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    For me it would depend on what my last few days looked like. If I had been close or over my goals for the previous few days I would work out. If had a day or two where I had been way under I would just look at it is a natural calorie cycle and be over for the day.