I'm kind of a creeper.

Options
I haven't really posted much (I think I made one post... haha), but I've been around for a month and a half or so. I love the Success Stories forum, and I get so excited when I see you guys post your stories and your before and after pictures. It's really motivating and encouraging to know that there are so many people around here that have lost 100, 150, 200, or even more pounds, and also to know that if you all can do it, so can I!

I used to be really discouraged and hopeless about weight loss, but after reading all of your stories and seeing so many fantastic pictures, I finally have the attitude of "I can do it too!"

:)

Replies

• Timeforme714
    Timeforme714 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Haha creeper..that's funny:laugh:
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Actually "lurker" might be a better word, lol.

Anyway, damn right you can do it! It's not hopeless, it is difficult but doable :)
  • harlylena
    harlylena Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Creeper I feel the same way. I just joined but feel so excited for all those who have lost weight. It makes it seem doable! Now keep posting so we can see you on the success stories too.
  • RainyMel
    RainyMel Posts: 16
    Options
    Don't worry, lurking works too ;)
  • LoveLeavesFootprints
    Options
    I don't know, I'm kind of a creeper too. ;) Stalking profiles for inspiration and such.. haha.

I'm actually really excited. A few months ago I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and was warned about my high cholesterol and troubling blood sugar levels. I thought, I'm too young for this! So at that point (and with the help of thyroid meds) I turned everything around, started eating well after years and years of not caring what I ate, and I started working out after years of "hey, thinking about it is just as good as doing it", Since joining this site I've lost 26 pounds. Because of eating so well, I feel GREAT, and I've taken up Zumba, working out at the Y, and the occasional 30-day-shred. I've discovered that somewhere in there, I have muscles! I still have a lot of pounds to go, but I'm starting to like mirrors again. I'm constantly getting comments from coworkers about how great I look, how much of a change they can see in me, and how I'm going to have to start buying new clothes because my pants don't stay up. ;)
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Good for you! 26 pounds is a great start and something to be proud of. Keep up the great work :)
  • jasonr1009
    jasonr1009 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hes climbin in yo windows, snatchin yo people up......
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Hes climbin in yo windows, snatchin yo people up......

Hahahaha.

But in all seriousness...you can do this!! Welcome to MFP. I think I was on here for nearly 8 months or so before ever posting anything in a thread because I didn't really care about it. I wish I had though, because there are so many motivating and inspiring people on here!
  • LoveLeavesFootprints
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome and support, everybody! I'm pretty excited to keep moving in the right direction. And I'll definitely be updating. :-D
  • SusM321
    SusM321 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hahaha "creeper", nah. I love meandering through the posts too. Lots to learn from everyone & a great way to meet new friends. I seem to be posting/replying more every week.

Have fun on your journey, I love this place and all the amazing people here!! Feel free to add me.
  • WildcatNatalie05
    WildcatNatalie05 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hahha, I was a creeper until I read this and NEEDED to post! Good to know I'm not alone and even better to post about it!
  • kelseyann92
    kelseyann92 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    you seem like you're on the right track!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options

Anyway, damn right you can do it! It's not hopeless, it is difficult but doable :)

Nah, creeper is better. That's what got me to look at this thread! HAHA!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    The success story forum was what got me hooked on MFP. I felt I didn't have much to lose -in my mind. I thought 20 would be amazing - I reached 20 and then thought - maybe 30 - I have reached 30 and now am going to go for 40. When reading the success stories, there are people that were losing over 100+ lbs. I figured if they could lose weight, so could I.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    oops, double posted
  • Choltor
    Choltor Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It's kind of like jumping into a swimming pool, isn't it? Getting into any community and posting can be tough at first, but a community as warm and supportive as this one makes that first step so nice.

Congrats on your weight loss so far! Hope to see that continue :)
  • LoveLeavesFootprints
    Options
    Ahhh I'm so excited! After a couple of weeks of my first (albeit, small) plateau, I broke through, and I'm on the cusp of having lost 30 pounds. ^_^
  • Bluejay789
    Bluejay789 Posts: 176
    Options
    Great job on your 29 pounds! I love the creeper comment. Would love to cheer you on. Feel free to friend me.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options

Nah, creeper is better. That's what got me to look at this thread! HAHA!

me too!! LOL
  • midwesthiker
    Options
    I am a "creeper" too :) I am getting better at posting. I actually used my iphone app for months before I realized there were forums. If you are looking for more friends feel free to add me :)