all the help and inspiration i can get

Options
Hi im new to this site/app.. im a stay at home mom and find it hard to resist "snacking" when my kids do .. ive created a short term goal for myself. Im giving myself 3 months to see how it goes.. i can use ALL the inspiration and tips and advice from ANYONE !!!

Replies

• amberdaniels
    Options
    Howdy,

Start giving the kids the "healthy snack". And eat them too! You have to make a point to DO IT! if you don't you will not succeed. It is a choice. I hope you do well.
  • Ashonym
    Ashonym Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm a stay at home mom as well so I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. But what I've been doing is forcing myself to drink a good bit of water down fast whenever I feel hungry. It helps a great deal even if it does not cure the issue entirely. It makes it a sustainable urge AND puts me closer to my water intake goal for the day.

You can totally do it if you start thinking of your child as your gym as well. Carry him or her as often as you can as that WAY ups what you burn exercising. And try just having a single nibble of whatever your kid has maybe? I'm not an expert or anything but I'm totally open to friend requests if you're interested. :) Spend as much time as you can browsing these forums if you've got the mobile app because doing so has staved off my cravings tremendously as well!

Good luck, have fun, and very best wishes for your success! :)

- Ash (Mommy and first time dieter.)
  • hotpigg
    hotpigg Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    U did the hard part... u stared! Now just keep it u. Everyone here has been awesome. They'll pick u up when ur down and kick u in the butt when u need it. Is very supportive
  • loseatonlady
    Options
    My weight watcher leader told us, specifically for this issue, to start a baggie of things you'd snack on every day. When tempted - throw the item you might eat into the baggie & at the end of the week see how much is in it. Then you will see how much you may have added to your calories by the end of the week. The visual would be incredible ... maybe give it a try & keep that thought in your mind.
    I still find it very helpful, after 115+ lost - to chew gum when tempted! Best wishes & welcome to MFP!!!