Darn the M & M;s

amymeenieminymo
amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
I went to visit my grandma tonight (she broke her hip and is in a rehab center) and silly me had to sit in the chair next to the M & M dish and some other chocolates. I don't even want to know how many I ate. I just sat there eating and talking to her. It got to the point where I didn't even realize I was eating them. Finally after I yelled at myself for the 4th time, she covered the dish with a piece of paper so I wouldn't be tempted. But, I did go home and work out, even though I really didn't want to and it was late, and I even worked out for longer than I intended so hopefully I didn't to do much damage. Who knew going to see grandma would be bad for your diet? But I had a great visit with her, so that's all that matters.

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    I went to visit my grandma tonight (she broke her hip and is in a rehab center) and silly me had to sit in the chair next to the M & M dish and some other chocolates. I don't even want to know how many I ate. I just sat there eating and talking to her. It got to the point where I didn't even realize I was eating them. Finally after I yelled at myself for the 4th time, she covered the dish with a piece of paper so I wouldn't be tempted. But, I did go home and work out, even though I really didn't want to and it was late, and I even worked out for longer than I intended so hopefully I didn't to do much damage. Who knew going to see grandma would be bad for your diet? But I had a great visit with her, so that's all that matters.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    It's okay, you aren't alone.
    Betty Crocker Muffins got me tonight.
    :laugh:
  • bripeikert
    bripeikert Posts: 3 Member
    I'm with you as well. Hershey's kisses got me tonight.:ohwell:

108550.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Journal
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Reeses Fast Break:grumble:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Reeses Fast Break:grumble:

OH! Aren't those devious!
  • aubs057
    aubs057 Posts: 35 Member
    M&M's are my biggest weakness! They're just so good!
  • :grumble: I wish it was a small amount of candy......how about two giant homemade meatballs with vodka sauce!
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Was I the only GOOD girl yesterday went to bed (after having ice cream for pudding:devil: )and still had 300 calories left from my daily allowance:laugh: !!!!!!!!
  • marshall153
    marshall153 Posts: 150 Member
    I've eaten about a quarter (nibbling throughout day) of a chocolate cake with chocolate icing :explode: 800 calories in itself :explode: :explode: :explode:

I win.... :tongue:

:ohwell: I'm over it though... panicking about a chem exam tomo :yawn:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Yup, grandmas can be dangerous. My husband's grandma is in a nursing home, and I swear the lady has candies stashed everywhere! And you can't get a visit in without her pressing at least two different types of candy on you. Now, one of my favorites is the Lindt white chocolate truffle ball things. Didn't even know they existed until she gave me one. How can you be mad a cute little old lady though! lol
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    drool.gif M & M's drool.gif

That's what Grandmas do.......mine asks me if I'm hungry every time I get there and every hour after :laugh: Such a sweet lady...I wubs my Gwamma :smooched: I would never go hungry.:tongue: But I'm wondering if the fact that I live so far away and only see them on holidays and special occasions is what helps me stay on track :laugh: But ya know I wouldn't give my Grandma up for the world. I remember going to my Great Grandma's house and she had "The Candy Drawer" drool.gif it was the last drawer on the right hand side :laugh: First place I went :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • amymeenieminymo

That's what Grandmas do.......mine asks me if I'm hungry every time I get there and every hour after :laugh: Such a sweet lady...I wubs my Gwamma :smooched: I would never go hungry.:tongue: But I'm wondering if the fact that I live so far away and only see them on holidays and special occasions is what helps me stay on track :laugh: But ya know I wouldn't give my Grandma up for the world. I remember going to my Great Grandma's house and she had "The Candy Drawer" drool.gif it was the last drawer on the right hand side :laugh: First place I went :bigsmile: :drinker:

I know, grandma's are the best. I hate seeing her in the rehab center, but she may be coming home next week, does happy dance :bigsmile:
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    There is a dispenser at work that has peanut M&M's in it. I walk by and take a few...before I knew it this morning I ate 110 calories worth!! I have to stay clear of that - it's so hard!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member

I know, grandma's are the best. I hate seeing her in the rehab center, but she may be coming home next week, does happy dance :bigsmile:

that's awesome I hope she does :drinker: :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.