I've lost my way!

courtlwhite
courtlwhite Posts: 37
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I joined the site many months ago was steady with it for about a month and a half and then we moved and I've lost my way! I need some serious inspiration, so please help me! I plan on starting my 1200 calorie diet again tomorrow, and I NEED to get a new gym membership.

Replies

• I joined the site many months ago was steady with it for about a month and a half and then we moved and I've lost my way! I need some serious inspiration, so please help me! I plan on starting my 1200 calorie diet again tomorrow, and I NEED to get a new gym membership.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,332 Member
    Courtney,

One step at a time. One day at a time. One meal at a time.

You're okay, I went away for six months, a lot of people get busy with life and have to stop spending so much time with meal planning. Maybe treat yourself like you would a good friend who needed a hug, and just do the best you can every day. Gym memberships only help if you go! I've been 5 times since May.

I didn't gain much weight (4 pounds), but it was because I spent many months last year logging food and exercising, and in that time had taught myself how much to eat, so even when I didn't log food, I remembered the portions. You can exercise at home until you get the membership. I feel like I've wasted quite a bit of $$ by not using my membership.

There are several great exercise challenges here on MFP that can be done at home. You can check out DVDs from the library, borrow them from friends, watch them on UTube. Stretch bands = $10. Go to craigslist and buy used exercise DVDs.

Above all, if you have a set-back, start again. Soon it will become habit and you will have educated yourself about nutrition and your health!

YOU CAN DO IT!
  • :wink: You're not lost any more, you're found. Today is my first day, I'm feeling a bit confused about how to do all of this but here we are. -jane
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    welcome back!:flowerforyou:
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Your here, youve started:bigsmile: You are part of, you are a winner, your are a success today because you have come back:) I would track my foods for the day, do it today, not tomorrow:) Look at the foods you ate and will eat today, see where you need to add, or take away calories. Also, I heard it suggested and I followed it as well. Get your food intake back on track. An expensive gym membership may work for you so Im not saying don't, just consider what Im saying as well. Once your food is back on track, cupboards and fridge filled with good foods(I eat meats, vegies, fruits, dairy and whole grains)then take a walk around the block, or as far as you like. That's all I do and I am building muscle and losing fat. Then, on down the way, if joining a gym for weight-training is what you want, go for it!!! Just saying that if we bite off too much we can disappoint ourselves if we can't do it all at once:) denise in Sams Valley Oregon

PS So glad you are here, and I am glad I am here!!!!!!! Best thing that's come my way in a long time:)

I joined the site many months ago was steady with it for about a month and a half and then we moved and I've lost my way! I need some serious inspiration, so please help me! I plan on starting my 1200 calorie diet again tomorrow, and I NEED to get a new gym membership.
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    HI Jane!! welcome:) Im fairly new too but I just kept reading and asking, reading and asking:) It will all come together:) denise in OR
    :wink: You're not lost any more, you're found. Today is my first day, I'm feeling a bit confused about how to do all of this but here we are. -jane
  • I agree with Denise (NWcounrtygal) you are here and that is what counts, don't wait, start today! I feel so much better when I just get out and walk and reallly miss it when I can't. I would love to go right now but have to leave in a few minutes, so it will wait till I get home again. keep up the good attitude!!
This discussion has been closed.