Anyone doing low carb..could use tips and friends!

Options
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• cheddarboy
    cheddarboy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    i do pretty low carb on most days and carb cycle, add me if u like :wink:
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 17 day diet (which has a low carb focus). Feel free to add me
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    just started reading primal blueprint and i've noticed by lowering my carbs i'm not as hungry
  • blbradford87
    Options
    I did it for a long time and after a while it stopped working..
  • SugarBaby1987
    SugarBaby1987 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it so feel free to add me. :)
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    It's the only thing that works for me. Feel free to friend me.
  • juliekin
    juliekin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I do low carb, however, I eat nutural carbs in fruits and veggies. I just avoid bread, pasta, rice and make my own meals and have lots of fruits and veggies. Message me if you want - and this is what you are doing. It's working fine. Lots of salad, fresh fruit and broccoli, carrots and cauliflower.
  • Aurelina
    Aurelina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Yup, it's what works for me. Here are tricks I've finally figured out that, for me, make the fat fall away easily.

1) Eat more FAT! More more more! When I did low carb eons ago I never imagined I needed so much fat! At least 100g a day for these days.

2) Not much processed food. The most processed things are coconut milk/oil and treats that are processed like red wine, 90% Lindt chocolate.

3) Left behind grains and eventually dairy. Ditching the whipping cream in my coffee wasn't easy, but after that my body started freeing up the fat more easily. It could be my imagination, but coconut milk (a can a day!) rather than any dairy fat soothes my cravings.

4) Exercise, but not maniac-like. I do love exercise so I can easily go overboard with it, but that just makes me hungry, HUNGRY!! I walk, hike, bike, and lift weights, but I find I've got to take it easy or I'm back to being hungry! Intense short sprints get in a good wallop for fitness, but don't zap up my hunger.

Of course I eat veggies. Love 'em!

That's where I am right now. Could change, but for now at the age of 50 I'm losing weight with ease for the first time in my life. I'm 2 lbs away from where I was before I got preggers with my first kid.

YMMV
  • Gabby215
    Gabby215 Posts: 69
    Options
    I've been doing low carb for about two weeks and it's really working - my stomach hasn't been this flat for a long time! I still get carbs from veg and low fat dairy, but I try to keep it to between 50-100 grams. I am a breadaholic and my favourite food is pizza, so some days are a challenge but seeing the results makes me want to stick with it :)
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I'm doing paleo.. low carb, no grains , no dairy.
  • becky_turcotte
    Options
    I've done low carb before (30 lbs lost) and am back on it. Part of my issue is that my body is insulin resistant, and the low carbs helps to maintain. Feel Free to Add ME!

http://www.southbeachrecipes.com/

http://www.reciperewards.com/SouthBeach.html

http://www.southbeachcenturyclub.com
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing it now, but have had great luck with South Beach Diet in the past. Great online resource for recipes:

www.kalynskitchen.com

She has a ton of recipes for all the phases. I still use her site all the time.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I am working on upping my fat intake.. I love coconut milk..I am curious how to get a can a day..do you drink it straight or in coffee and teas?
    Yup, it's what works for me. Here are tricks I've finally figured out that, for me, make the fat fall away easily.

1) Eat more FAT! More more more! When I did low carb eons ago I never imagined I needed so much fat! At least 100g a day for these days.

2) Not much processed food. The most processed things are coconut milk/oil and treats that are processed like red wine, 90% Lindt chocolate.

3) Left behind grains and eventually dairy. Ditching the whipping cream in my coffee wasn't easy, but after that my body started freeing up the fat more easily. It could be my imagination, but coconut milk (a can a day!) rather than any dairy fat soothes my cravings.

4) Exercise, but not maniac-like. I do love exercise so I can easily go overboard with it, but that just makes me hungry, HUNGRY!! I walk, hike, bike, and lift weights, but I find I've got to take it easy or I'm back to being hungry! Intense short sprints get in a good wallop for fitness, but don't zap up my hunger.

Of course I eat veggies. Love 'em!

That's where I am right now. Could change, but for now at the age of 50 I'm losing weight with ease for the first time in my life. I'm 2 lbs away from where I was before I got preggers with my first kid.

YMMV
  • Aurelina
    Aurelina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am working on upping my fat intake.. I love coconut milk..I am curious how to get a can a day..do you drink it straight or in coffee and teas?

Coffee in the morning with 1/2 can coconut milk - yum! Then the rest goes in the fridge for later. Sometimes I have decaf with it or I eat it like pudding.
  • kristi321
    kristi321 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I just started South Beach phase one. It cuts out sugar and most carbs at first, then gradually adds a few back. Add me if you like :-)
  • froggy15
    froggy15 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the low carb thing, I just started on Monday and I'm down 2 pounds already.

Feel free to add me!
  • sarahhnash
    Options
    I'm going to try it out... I've been working hard and not losing, so I'm going to try something a little different... Feel free to add me, I'd love to learn more low/no carb healthy options! :)