p90x substitutions

Options
I am not a fan of yoga so I'd like to replace it with something else and after the legs and back I may want to replace that too because my jacked up knee is ANGRY now... Any suggestions for replacements on those two?

Replies

• luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Pilates? A little easier on your body, but still challenging. Good Luck..
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I run instead....but with your knees it might not be a good idea...hmm...good question.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I always do cardio X instead of yoga. That is the only one I sub out though.
  • jasmineconley
    jasmineconley Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    see I have PFPS in both knees but the army bestowed upon me a torn ACL and meniscus in my right knee so now of course it's burning and quite the pain... I thought about doing my winsor pilates but I'm on a weight loss study for the VA so I kind of have to stay on target with the p90x because that's what they gave me to do. They don't mind if I deviate a little but I don't think they'd like a whole other program. It's also difficult for me to continue some of the yoga not in a oh man this is hard I have to stop way but in an oh man I can't feel my arm sort of way :( That's why until I at least drop some of this weight I'm trying to shy away from the yoga. I am interested in the plyometrics though... Any other suggestions?
  • CollegeGirl19
    Options
    I friggin LOVE yogaX!! It's my favorite routine!