night time munchies

Options
One of my biggest problems is trying not to eat at night... I usually am up pretty late and by the time I go to bed it's usually been about 5-6 hours since I've eaten. How can i try to get rid of the hungry feeling? Or what would be something good to eat :S

Replies

• ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    if it is that long, you should have a snack. you need to plan your meals to fit you. thinks like nuts, fruit, and popcorn might be good
  • sakinac
    sakinac Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cereal is my go to snack! I love Special K red berries, and the chocolate kind is great too. Totally satisfies!
  • tcpowell25
    tcpowell25 Posts: 292
    Options
    I eat nuts, drink water, or eat cereal. You really should eat if you're hungry.
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    yeah if its that long you need a snack. try fat free popcorn or a sugar free popcicle, or a col cal candy to suck on :) good luck
  • abunt
    abunt Posts: 9
    Options
    I work at night (my normal shift) and my days rotate so i could be working one week-end for example and off the next weekend so of course I'm hungry at night(a lot) because my body is use to being fed so on the nights I'm off contrary to popular belief on whats ok about eating at night.... i have a snack before bed. What usually works for me is some fruit, along with some low fat/low cal crackers and maybe some type of cheese product,other times I'll have a smoothie with fruit and protein. I think pretty much anything in moderation that you like to eat is okay