It CAN be done!! 25 pounds gone!

Replies

• What an awesome weight loss, good for you! :drinker: Here's to your continued success.
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Im very proud of you AWTY!!:flowerforyou:
  • ACastle1
    ACastle1 Posts: 101
    Congrats! You are doing AWESOME! :flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    I am so proud of you AWTY!!!!:smooched:

Outstanding!!
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Way to go I just started and I have 20 ponds to go.

Is there anything you did like food or what exercises you did that maybe could help some of us new people?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    WATER! That was the very first thing.

Veggies and protein. I did eliminate all fast food junk, and added in all types of veggies and fruits I had never tried.

The one thing I can really say is stick with it. I didnt do this much over night. If you are looking for a fast fix you can get one, and a fast butt back too once you are off it.

When you get down-come here, read around. See what others before you ahve done. ASK QUESTIONS!! If you dont get a quick reply, bump the thread. We are ignoring you, you may have posted at a slow time. If you see someone with a great deal of experience, PM them and ask the question.

I swear each time I was going to give up, including last Monday, I came here and saw Tam, or Shore, Or someone with a large weight loss who took a year to get here.

It WILL happen. If you have less in more out..it HAS to!!

Good luck. If you have questions or concerns, PM me. I might not know the answer but maybe can direct you to someone who does.
    :flowerforyou: (uh still dancing ya know!)
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Well done sista!! I know many people here can do it including myself if we put our minds into it and our hearts will follow. Amazing! Thanks for shaing and keep posting your success! :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    And again thanks everyone! My heart is full with the kindness of y'all!!
    0002030B.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Well done sista!! I know many people here can do it including myself if we put our minds into it and our hearts will follow. Amazing! Thanks for shaing and keep posting your success! :drinker:

Oh you can SOOO do this!! I know it!!:flowerforyou:
  • Mangoaddict
    sista :- does it get easier as time goes by? Thats my question to you....
  • arewethereyet

I would say it depends on how you are approaching it. I decided early on I was changing my entire life, not just going on a diet. I have been on diets before and I always gained the weight back, +10.

This time I made small changes. No fast food....lots of water...no sodas....then added different veggies and fruits.

I love the food I eat today, and do not want to go back to the slow moving person I was before. I am not addicted to going out to eat any longer. I dont eat for emotional reasons. I THINK about eating. Preparation and serving.

When I have lost all the weight I would like to, I will continue to eat the same foods, just not log them in. I will continue to exercise 3 x week and lift weights 2x a week to keep my strength.

SO my short answer is, yes it did get easier for me!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    YAY! I'm so proud of you girlfriend!
  • arewethereyet
    YAY! I'm so proud of you girlfriend!

Thanks my friend!!

hug002.gif
  • Mom2PAK
    Mom2PAK Posts: 27 Member
    Congrats! That must be such a great feeling to have 25 pounds gone! :bigsmile: How long did it take you to lose that much?
  • arewethereyet
    Congrats! That must be such a great feeling to have 25 pounds gone! :bigsmile: How long did it take you to lose that much?

well I lost around a couple from january to june. Then hit it seriously June 6. So 5 months or so. Now I am 47 and post menapausal, so my system is slower than some. I have not been rushing it and am happy to see 1 pound gone in 10 days.
  • MissBHaven
    MissBHaven Posts: 8 Member
    You are an inspiration! I am just getting started, and it feels like I have a loooong way to go. I've had a couple of really good days, and one not so great day (today). It makes a huge difference to record all my meals and look at how those "mistakes" add up. Tomorrow will be better! :smile:
  • arewethereyet
    You are an inspiration! I am just getting started, and it feels like I have a loooong way to go. I've had a couple of really good days, and one not so great day (today). It makes a huge difference to record all my meals and look at how those "mistakes" add up. Tomorrow will be better! :smile:

ac, that is so true!

It took me months to realize that a cheeseburger does not ruin an entire diet. when I wiped the ketchup off my lips, I never thought about it again!!

The days add up to months and the next thing you know you will be Pm'g me that YOU lost 25 pounds!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Mangoaddict
    Honestly though, I am learning that its all about choices. What you put in your mouth and either you sit around or go become active. It is a change of lifestyle and all for the long term. I think what we forget is that God made us so that we would eat less and be more active in the long run. All the lifetime, we forgot about what we are meant to be here for...thats what I think and feel anyways...
  • arewethereyet
    Honestly though, I am learning that its all about choices. What you put in your mouth and either you sit around or go become active. It is a change of lifestyle and all for the long term. I think what we forget is that God made us so that we would eat less and be more active in the long run. All the lifetime, we forgot about what we are meant to be here for...thats what I think and feel anyways...

Agreed! :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member

I would say it depends on how you are approaching it. I decided early on I was changing my entire life, not just going on a diet. I have been on diets before and I always gained the weight back, +10.

This time I made small changes. No fast food....lots of water...no sodas....then added different veggies and fruits.

I love the food I eat today, and do not want to go back to the slow moving person I was before. I am not addicted to going out to eat any longer. I dont eat for emotional reasons. I THINK about eating. Preparation and serving.

When I have lost all the weight I would like to, I will continue to eat the same foods, just not log them in. I will continue to exercise 3 x week and lift weights 2x a week to keep my strength.

SO my short answer is, yes it did get easier for me!

Great Job Jeannie!:heart: You've made some awesome lifelong changes and are a great example that it can be done! You also are a wonderful example that it's possible to make it a lifestyle change and keep it off and enjoy life while doing it:drinker: .....YAY YOU!:drinker: :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!