Ripped in 30

Options
Hello, I just bought Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 and starting it tommorrow, by any chance is anyone else starting it? If so let me know and we can support each other(s), heard it was a killer but amazing!!!

Jen

Replies

• mathildesmummy
    Options
    I have not heard of this. Hmmm. *ponders* *googles*
  • brittg7
    brittg7 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    im starting on tuesday
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tonight after day shift or tomorrow afternoon before night shift, possibly both! Depends how much energy i have!

I wanted to shop for smaller weights first, i only have 2kg (5lb ish). Looks like they use 1kg. Meantime i thinking of improvising with slim water bottles filled on the scale!!

Good luck to you,
  • mommymeyersto2
    mommymeyersto2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Awesome timing!! Just got home from the store :) can not find the "30 day shred" I bought after I had my daughter in 08. I found this and decided to go with it! I'm planning to do it during nap time in an hour or so. I am on board! To all doing the workout add me :) Good luck!
  • kuhristeee
    kuhristeee Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 5x a week for a few months now. :) Feel free to add me if you like!
  • mommymeyersto2
    Options
    Ok yall, I just did the first workout! It was tough for me towards the end but now I feel incredible. Love it even more than the 30 day shred. Put the kids down and it flew. I love how she switches it up for every circuit. Now, time for a shower and my protein shake while the babies sleep. Let me know what you all think!
  • Jenlwb
    Options
    I just did my first session too! I found the cardio bits realllly hard as i mostly do walking/pilates/strength training with just a bit of spinning, so i had to do my inhaler for the first time in months!! I enjoyed it, liked the way the exercises change in each of the 4 rounds. I can't do reverse crunches, kills my back, but i can improvise other things.

I think i'm gonna hurt tomorrow, but will do another round before work if i can! Gonna have to invest in some more sports bras if i'm sweating thru one a day...

I wasn't sure what weights to use, i was able to use my 5lbs small parts, then improvised water bottles for lighter weights until i can get to the shops. Would 3lbs be better?
  • mommymeyersto2
    Options
    Ha ... I didn't have any weights today so I grabbed... wait for it.... 2 - 18oz squeeze containers of Dukes Mayonnaise! ha... just a lb.. a little lite but better than nothing. My 2 year old daughter had them in her hands and was attempting squats before I laid her down for her nap.
  • Jenlwb
    Options
    Heh! My water bottle weights were not much more than a pound either! My fiance suggested using the cat, but 15lbs is beyond me.... this week!

Check back tomorrow to see if we've made it to day 2 xx
  • Jenlwb
    Options
    Just did the 2nd day less than 24 hrs after the first... it was a little easier despite being v stiff around my shoulder blades and hamstrings...

Thing i need a new HRM, i'm pretty sure i burnt more than 75 calories!!

Both times i've felt slightly nauseous after and had a massively red face, this time i kept a damp wash cloth in the freezer to calm my face once done.

I think i might be able to keep this up, how's everyone else going?

J xx