5lbs By Friday?!

KayLoss
KayLoss Posts: 14
edited September 30 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok i need big help! I have these cute little shorts that i can fit into but i would be able to actually breathe if i lost 5lbs.
I'm trying to get my ex boyfriend back and i need to do this!

HELP!

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Um... where to start?

The chances of you losing 5lbs by Friday are very small. You could possibly doing it by not eating or drinking (and then you will probably be unconcious by Friday, so I can't recommend this) or by amputating some body part, but that's going to hurt a lot, so I wouldn't go there either.

Just get started eating healthy and exercise - to feel better for YOU. Not for the sake of clothes or boys.
    If you are feeling good about you, then everything else will fall into place in it's own good time.
  • Don't bother. He's an ex- for a reason, "cute shorts" aren't going to change this and if they did, why would you want this man? Losing 5lbs in a couple of days is dangerous and unfeasible. Wear something else, go out with a girlfriend and dance.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    If they dont fit now 5lbs wont make a difference. Where something that compliments your best feature.
  • KayLoss
    KayLoss Posts: 14
    He might be a ex but we have a very good chance of getting back together.
    Ok maybe not 5lbs but how to loose the water weight atleast?
  • ceschwartz
    ceschwartz Posts: 240 Member
    That means you would need to have a deficit of 15,000 calories this week. NOT healthy.
  • pkarim
    pkarim Posts: 171
    Don't eat any food and only drink water and try not to die :)
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    wear some workout clothes and tell the guy you lost 5lbs-ish and are loving the way you feel and are feeling great, doing great... without him. he will probably be intrigued.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Eat healthy and exercise. You'll feel better for it in the short and long term.

If the only way he'll take you back is if you lose weight - then you don't want him!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    if you want to lose some water weight... drink a ton of water! Will help flush the water out :]

Fitting into some shorts wont make much of a difference though D:
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    if you have a good chance of reconciling, the shorts aren't gonna be a deal breaker. just wear something that looks really good on you right now as you are. if you try squeezing in to something "sexy" but you don't quite fit, you're just gonna look bad. so find something flattering to your size and weight now. good luck!
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Agreed. MFP is about adopting lifestyle changes - not quick fix solutions. If the result only took 5 minutes to reach, there wouldn't be any point in this site in the first place.

You should want to lose weight or get fit for YOU - not for a boy and certainly not for a pair of shorts!
  • Alissa_Sal
    Alissa_Sal Posts: 141
    if you have a good chance of reconciling, the shorts aren't gonna be a deal breaker. just wear something that looks really good on you right now as you are. if you try squeezing in to something "sexy" but you don't quite fit, you're just gonna look bad. so find something flattering to your size and weight now. good luck!

Yes, I agree with this. If you want to flush out water weight (which is a worthy goal, actually. Personally, I hate feeling bloated!) then drink tons and tons of water. Weird, but true. But the bigger issue is that if this boy really likes you, 5 lbs and a pair of cute shorts don't matter. If they do matter, he is unworthy of your attention. Squeezing yourself into a pair of shorts that don't quite fit is not a good idea - too small clothing is extremely unflattering. Wear something that fits you and flatters you, and have fun. Again, if those 5 lbs are an issue for him, you need to drop him like he's hot.
This discussion has been closed.