When You Eat at the Refrigerator

SDkitty
SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
I absolutely love this book: When You Eat at the Refrigerator, Pull Up a Chair by Geneen Roth and I wanted to share with you all this little bit from the introduction because this is how I've been feeling this week and it always lightens my mood to be reminded that I am NOT the only person feeling this way and I'm not weird or bad :tongue:

"The way I see it today, I have a few options: liposuction, buying bigger jeans, or flailing myself. Of the three, the only one that is completely out of the question is bigger jeans. (My husband, Matt, suggested the jeans option. He thought it was reasonable. I told him I would rather get a root canal without Novocain. That ended the discussion.)"

She goes on to explain why the other 2 are not worthy options either but that part just cracked me up! My Mom is one of those moms who, in all my 29 years, has not said a single nice thing that didn't have a back handed dig of some kind and today, instead of supporting me in my quest for a healthy life, she told me not to get my hopes up because I'm almost 30 and most likely won't lose any weight. It really got under my skin until I read this and remembered that she doesn't need to "get it". This is my goal. No one else's. and I didn't stuff my face over it :bigsmile:

Replies

• Shouldabeenaninja
    Shouldabeenaninja Posts: 9 Member
    Cute! lol - I have a friend that's lost like 165 pounds, but she said when she was in the process of gaining weight lol, she'd always blame her husband for shrinking her clothes in the dryer...lol (who does that?!) haha...

But yeah...your mom isn't right. I'm 30...and it's working out just fine! :)

Good luck!!
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Good on you! I am getting scarily close to 30 too and am loving loosing weight. I feel better about myself than ever since joining this site :D
  • I just turned 34 and have lost 37 so far and I know ppl who are much older losing weight. When someone says that they are just making excuses for themselves or are jealous. You WILL prove her wrong. And I like the "no bigger jeans" :) that would mean that I am giving in or giving up and NO WAY will I let myself do that.
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Good on you! I am getting scarily close to 30 too and am loving loosing weight. I feel better about myself than ever since joining this site :D

Me too! As much as I love to check in and see my numbers within my goals, I think it's mostly the community that keeps me coming back! :)
This discussion has been closed.