safe calories burnt?

Options
Hi my boss thinks my goal to burn 1000 calories a day is .....how can you put it......*screws face up and says na*?
Is it too much? She feels it is?

Replies

• dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    1000 is fine - you're body will tell you if it is too much. I tend to hit 2400 a day and 3000-4500 on a club weekend ride (70-110 miles)
  • MeredithLee11
    MeredithLee11 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    It depends on your calorie intake. I'm sure athletes in training burn more than that in a day. Just make sure you're giving your body nutritious food to sustain burning that many calories.
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Ooops - should read ...your body...
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    It's safe ....If you're fueling it. Don't burn 1000 and eat 1500. If you can't eat if back, exercise less.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    it also depends on how quickly u can burn calories... it would take me like 2 or 3 hrs going full blast to burn 1000.
  • CMcBryer
    CMcBryer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My question to you would be, what does your boss know about this sort of thing? Has she gone to school to be a nutritionist? Is she a licensed physical trainer? If the answer to those is no, then I wouldn't worry about what she says and ask someone who could tell you for sure.
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    As long as you keep your net cals at a safe level, I can't see any problem? I burned 3000 odd on Monday :-?
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Thankyou all for the replies :)