HELP...PLEASE!

Options
Ok so if you have read any of my posts I am completely a** backwards on how my body reacts to things...I have been doing great and the motivation I get from MFP is awesome

I was and I say "was" with a heavy heart 3 pounds from my half-way point in my total goal weight. and bam out of no where I gain back 2 pounds.

I had my monthly back to back literally a week apart and all of a sudden I cannot stop eating. I am used to have post-munchies..yes I don't get them before or during I get them after but this time it seems worse and out of control. I don't know what it is. I am still using my elliptical even though I slacked a little during painful days, but I kept active and stayed within my calorie limits etc but its like this week all I want to do is eat.

The first day I figured my body was lacking something so I opted to go ahead and eat a little extra because I figured my body was spazing out because it was missing something but it seems like it backfired. Now all I want to do is eat! It's crazy, I cannot get that sense of satisfaction I was getting before.

HELP please! I have no clue what is going on! I wake up starving go to bed content but wake up in the middle of the night starving. Is this my body's show of rebellion?

I try to mix of my food choice often enough so that I don't get bored but at this point I am at a loss.

Replies

• Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Ok so if you have read any of my posts I am completely a** backwards on how my body reacts to things...I have been doing great and the motivation I get from MFP is awesome

I was and I say "was" with a heavy heart 3 pounds from my half-way point in my total goal weight. and bam out of no where I gain back 2 pounds.

I had my monthly back to back literally a week apart and all of a sudden I cannot stop eating. I am used to have post-munchies..yes I don't get them before or during I get them after but this time it seems worse and out of control. I don't know what it is. I am still using my elliptical even though I slacked a little during painful days, but I kept active and stayed within my calorie limits etc but its like this week all I want to do is eat.

The first day I figured my body was lacking something so I opted to go ahead and eat a little extra because I figured my body was spazing out because it was missing something but it seems like it backfired. Now all I want to do is eat! It's crazy, I cannot get that sense of satisfaction I was getting before.

HELP please! I have no clue what is going on! I wake up starving go to bed content but wake up in the middle of the night starving. Is this my body's show of rebellion?

I try to mix of my food choice often enough so that I don't get bored but at this point I am at a loss.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Oh no hun! I tend to get the munchies before! It could be that your body was out of whack....and if you're THAT hungry then you probably need it! if its only 2 lbs it would just be water retention. Stick to it and hope for the best!
  • kris2600
    kris2600 Posts: 149
    Options
    I agree! Your body has gone through a lot lately and is probably needing extra nutrition. If you do eat more I say just stay with the healthier stuff instead of going crazy on the bad stuff. Maybe all your body needs is one or two days of a few more calories than its been getting.
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Options
    Hey mufasa,

Check out Jillians web site. Her site analyses what your food cravings are and then tells you what type of foods to eat. I didn't subscribe to the site but I filled out the questionaire and was pleasantly surprised with the initial advise.
  • wynsdayschild
    Options
    I never feel full around my TOM, and I have a really erratic period (sometimes 2x a month or more! sometimes 2-3 months without). I tend to eat a little bit more, but try as was suggested, to stay with healthier choices. Have a little bit more protein too. Your body needs it during this time. Other than that distract yourself, and ignore the urge to eat. My favorite distraction lately is taking in the clothes that have gotten too big for me! It reminds me that I'm staying on the right track.

Good Luck!:smile: