I stole my younger cousin's face!

Options
kdoze
kdoze Posts: 6 Member
I've only been on MFP for about a week, but I started my weightloss several years ago. I've always been large, but at my peak, I was 312 pounds. Once I saw that number in the doctor's office, I knew I had to make a change. So, I started walking and eating better that day. About 15 months later, I'd lost 130 pounds!

That's when I noticed that buried underneath all of the fat I'd carried around my whole life, my bone structure was just like my younger cousin's. I was so used to seeing her face, that I was shocked to see her mouth and chin in MY mirror. What's funny is, I never mentioned it to anyone, but now members of the family have commented. Now they say that my cousin and I look so much alike, and that's one of the best compliments I can get. And now I'm using it as fuel to keep losing the weight. 15 more pounds to go!

Replies

• Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Good for you! :)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    That is great news! I have lost a little over 30 and my 16 year old sister has lost 45 and I cannot believe how much we are starting to look alike (we have different mothers)! Congrats on your loss!!
  • heatheramara
    Options
    That's so cool! I wish I had something like this to focus on.
    When you're at a good point in your weight loss, you should come back to this thread and post side by side pics so we can see!

Have a great day!

:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!