Veggie Sides?

Options
Ok, so I need y'alls help! For as long as I can remember, corn was the only veggie I would fix for my family. Now, I have to limit my corn intake because it's horrible for you! Anyway, I need some ideas for healthy veggie sides/dishes.

Replies

• kfleetwood
    Options
    Ok, so I need y'alls help! For as long as I can remember, corn was the only veggie I would fix for my family. Now, I have to limit my corn intake because it's horrible for you! Anyway, I need some ideas for healthy veggie sides/dishes.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    allrecipes.com

You may have to sort through a lot but it will be able to get you going.
  • jahjah1223
    Options
    Broccoli is probably the best!:smile:
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    green beans! I LOVE LOVE LOVE green beans...I put them in a pan with a little sliver of butter and put onion powder, garlic powder paprika and black pepper and let them cook and start to carmalize. they are amazing!!

Oh roasted cauliflower and baby carrots are yum as well! Put them in the oven at about 375-400 degrees on a cookie sheet with a lil olive oil and choice of seaonings...let them cook until you like the tenderness... trust me its really good!
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Roasted mixed veggies, the roasting carmelizes everything and it's just divine! Cut up any veggies you have (my mix is usually onion, sweet potato, bell peppers, mushrooms, brocolli and cauliflower), add some garlic and about 2-3T. of water, shake on your favorite seasoning, garlic salt is yummy, and shake to coat. Spray a pan with Pam, pour in the veggies, spray them with pam and roast at 425-450 for 30 minutes, stirring every 10. (you can do 20 minutes if you're not using any root vegetables).
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I usually just chop up varies veggies and put them in foil and in the oven Love em
  • wynsdayschild
    Options
    One of my favorites is to slice yellow squach and zucchini, throw them in a pan sprayed with canola oil and stir fry until they start to get soft. Add a little salt and pepper, and voila! I always hated any kind of squash because it was musy. Then I discovered its just the was it was prepared. They're also great grilled!