joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    "eat clean" the term is so ambiguous that these guys are bound to show up:

tumblr_lb4m32s6Lf1qbkuzr.jpg

Haha! WIN
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all who posted such great advice! I will keep this in mind next time I'm at the grocery store (and I love that statement that all the important stuff is on the outsides! SO true!)
  • 2dogzrule
    2dogzrule Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Local farms stands this time of year for fresh veggies! You would be surprised how many fresh veggies you can eat and be in a good calorie range! I bought a week's worth of veggies for $22.
  • VegeLover
    VegeLover Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    A secret to how supermarkets are set up. Everything you need to eat is on the outside perameter of the store. Don't bother going down the individual aisles. The only thing is they know this and that is why they put the bakery and deli right as you are on your way out.
    OR it can be like my market with expensive stuff around the perimeter (deli, bakery, etc) and the cheaper bulk stuff in the aisles out of easy reach on the tip top or very bottom shelves.
  • slheflinVA
    slheflinVA Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Well i tried the local farmer's market, got a couple good deals but alot of stuff was overpriced.

I tried our local farmer's market yesterday, and most vendors wanted almost $4.00/lb for tomatoes! All other produce was just as expensive. The only veggies that I would have even considered buying were cucumbers for $0.75 each. Local produce is not always the cheapest. I was very disappointed.
  • farrellb2
    farrellb2 Posts: 120
    Options
    I know this sounds odd but my grandma will buy the apples with caramel( I don't eat the caramel) and she gets them only when they're on manager special-which means they're about to be past they're "sell by date" or are slightly damaged-(this is generally on boxes and containers)

So look for manager specials, or try Aldi's (If theres one around u) I know they have a lot of "tempting" items there-loads of junk food-but they also have low prices on there fruit and veggies and eggs
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    home brand five bean mixes, vegetables, frozen veggies, brown rice, wholemeal bread, whatever fruits in season, lentils