Are my boobs shrinking??

Options

Replies

• julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    mine vacated the premisis as well...
    i was happy to see them go - but I've also had a kid...
    they get depressed after you have a kid and just aren't as fun to have around anymore - so I say "Good Riddens"

Ha ha that did make me laugh, I totally get you, can't wait for mine to go!
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I lost cleavage but not actual cup size. After being measured I realized i just didn't need "full coverage" any longer and could wear the demis finally but I did go down in band size - which doesn't effect your ta-tas so yay!
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    its times like this that i am glad i'm an A cup.... they have nowhere to go!!!

That is SO not true! My A's went away and left an AA in their place! WAH!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    It may be both. If you measure under your bust, if the number is even, add 4 inches. If the number is odd, add 5 inches. That's your band size. Then cup size is how many inches more, measured around the fullest part, that number is compared with your band size. So if you measure 30 inches under your bust, your band size is 34. If your bust measures 36, that's 2 inches more than band size, which means you're a C cup.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I'm more than willing to take a look and let you know what I think! (lol).
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I suggest a bra fitter. Much more effective that asking strangers who have never seen you.

Unless you're trolling for guys to offer their assistance - in which case I am sure you'll be quite successful.

:noway:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Wait - breasts can get smaller with weight loss?
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Wait - breasts can get smaller with weight loss?

I dunno. My junk seems bigger with weight loss. Maybe OP's doin' it wrong.
  • jillwaller
    Options
    Depending on how much weight you have to lose, you could lose a lot in that area or just a little bit. But look at it this way- as you continue to lose weight, your waist will shrink. A smaller waist makes your chest look bigger in comparison, giving you a more hourglass figure. So whether your boobs stay a D or they shrink to A's, your waist will be in proportion and still give you the curves you want. I know that increasing my cardio made my chest look so much bigger, because of that change in proportion! (Sort of like the waist/hip ratio.) So even if your boobs technically get smaller, they look more defined and your whole figure will look wonderful. :)
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    it happens. Try pulling the band tighter. if that makes the girls go back to the right place you're golden. If not, a smaller cup may be in order. Dont feel bad, i'm an "almost a". Push up bras are my friend, haha. Hope that helps hun
  • laniackerman1
    Options
    That was the only good think about gaining so much weight in the past 3 years... I went from a AA to a B... But small boobs are easy... you never have to wear a bra (you can wear sexy backless dresses) and never have to worry about them bouncing around while you are working out. Just keep doing the INCLINE bench press and they'll look good and perky even when they are small! My boyfriend always says... 'a hand full is all you need' :-) I will be sad to see my B cup go as the weight goes, but it's worth the sacrifice :-)
  • GamecockFan14
    GamecockFan14 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Yes, that's EXACTLY what I was doing- "trolling for guys" to pay attention to this question. How did you ever figure it out?
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    i've lost two pounds since i joined this journey a month ago... one from each breast. :grumble: oh well, at least i don't have to carry them around anymore... and i get to go buy cute new bras, (ones without snaps that open in the front!) something i haven't done for YEARS!

i'm enjoying the loss everywhere else and i guess i'll have to go back to my padded bras... sigh

They make bras without snaps to open up in front?

LOL

(I've been breastfeeding constantly since February 14,2006-three little ones in four years eeep!)
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Wished my MOOBS would start shrinking :(

hey now, i saw your profile pics earlier today and your moobs are def. getting smaller! you are incredible and such an inspiration to everyone here! way to go you, moobs and all! you've come a long way!
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    My boobs are so sad now. I started as a 42DD and although I'm currently a 36D, there really isn't anything there. Just the droopy carnage of what used to be my "best feature."

Same here... (I was a 42DDD and now I'm a 36D) They're so sad. Kind of like oranges in a crew sock. :( I really think I'm a C but all the extra skin takes up space in the cup.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    As the band gets smaller the cup (at the same letter size) gets a little smaller. So you most likely will have to go try on lots and see if you can go down the band size, or the cup, or both. I had to go down a lot to get a smaller band size that wasn't too small for my cup. Eventually the cup went down also. 38DD to current size of 36C. I thought maybe I could go down another band size or cup size because one bra was getting a little empty. But I got a different brand and all's good again. Different styles fit different, so go grab a bunch and spend a couple hours (ughh, I know).

I'm very happy with the target bras, now that i'm smaller. $14 underwire. No one can convince me they are not as good as victoria secret except the price. At the rate I went down and the big sack of bras I had to donate, no way do I want to spend more than I need to!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I'm the odd one out I guess. I was always pretty thin and a B cup until I started having babies. I will be MORE than happy to get back in a B cup. I just might need push-ups bras to keep them up where they belong, hah!
  • merrycat
    merrycat Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my girls are abandoning me too. It sucks because, for the longest time, the only part of me I liked was my breasts. I'm still not where I'd like to be with the rest of my body, but now I'm losing my girls too. Agh!
  • Ruddielle
    Options
    You don't want big boobs - they're a pain in the...shoulders! Currently I'm a 34F - actually I think I'm 32F but thats gonna cost a lot to replace and I think I'll wait until my goal weight in case I go smaller.

Being this size means that while the rest of my body will gladly fit into a size 12 (UK) dress my boobs insist on a size 14.

May I stress though the importance of a good sports bra no matter what size you are. If they're giggling around you'r going to damage the muscles holding them up and end up with what some people call 'Spaniels Ears' or 'Saggy Baps'!

No sign of shrinkage for me - I'd like to be a DD cup. It seams that for everything above that you pay a few extra pounds for in the UK!

I second this! I'm a 30FF (uk) and it's almost impossible to find really good bras at this size.
    I also have terrible shoulder and neck trouble from lugging these babies around on my small frame. I do like have a chest that'll fill a t-shirt nicely but if I go back down a cup size it might actually be a relief.

I would've thought that as the rest of you gets smaller, your boobs will stay in proportion. Could be wrong. A smaller waist always makes boobs look bigger though, no matter what the size.
  • vegamy
    vegamy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I found that I mostly need a smaller band size - I've gone from a 44DD to a 38DD (though I may have to go to a 38D soon). The cups on larger band sizes are significantly bigger - the different is amazing if you hold a 44DD next to a 38DD and look at the cups - the cups are just incredibly bigger/wider on the 44s even though they are considered the same cup size.

It definitely may help to get professionally fitted - just to make sure you are actually wearing the right size.