Muscle DOES Weigh More Than Fat

Options
12346»

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I never understand this argument. I completely agree with the OP.
    I think saying muscle weighs more than fat is just a more simple version of saying it is more dense.

To me that is like saying what has more calories chocolate or celery?
    Then someone coming back with 100 CALORIES IS 100 CALORIES GAHHHHH RAGERAGERAGERAGE
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Do people honestly think we have time to read these long *kitten* posts that go on forever? Keep it short and sweet and get rid of all the fluff! I don't know about other people, but when I see a post as long as my let I automatically skip it!

Right you are!

Stand up to be seen, speak up to be heard, then SHUT UP to be appreciated...lol
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    GUYS! Seriously ...

You're all right.

No really, you are.

The confusion is in the language, not the concept.

Muscle is more DENSE than fat. That is if you have equal volume of fat and muscle, the muscle will weigh more.

Conversely if you have 1lb of fat and 1lb of muscle the muscle will take up less space than the fat.

When people say "Muscle weighs more than fat" they really just mean "Muscle is more dense than fat".
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    In more simple terms...Muscle is more dense than fat is.
  • mmacintosh321
    mmacintosh321 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Dear God!!! Re-read the original post!!! That's exactly what the guy was saying all along. Volume for volume muscle weighs more than fat! It's all in there!!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I was just highlighting the redundancy and and my general lack of interest in the topic since it's been talked TO DEATH.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Bump