Favorite Healthy Recipes

Options
shander7
shander7 Posts: 613 Member
(Posted this under food & nutrition but got no responses :frown: )

Let me hear them!! What is your favorite healthy or healthier meal that you can't get enough of??

For me it's a veggie stir fry with peppers, squash, onions and whatever other veggie I have over pasta, DELICIOUS!!

What are yours??

Replies

• Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I love food in general so I basically take my own recipes and try to adjust them now to make them alittle healthier. For example when I have pasta I use turkey sausage and use my own home canned tomatoes to create a "sauce".
    My favorite healthiest would probably be my breakfast... one whole egg plus one or two egg whites pan fried with cooking spray and various veggies such as zucchini, squash, spinach, chard. Then I have some fresh tomatoes diced up on top with feta cheese (on occasion) and maybe some cantelope. If I'm super hungry I may have a slice of whole grain toast.
    YUM.. now I'm hungry...
  • Scoobies87
    Scoobies87 Posts: 379
    Options
    Tuna pasta bake :)
  • suekaywriter
    Options
    You have gone great losing weight
    Love your recipe, gonna try soon
    I have just started today............
    One recipe I use alot is a salad of greens, any fresh vegetable I have on hand, tunna fish a lil lite mayo, yum!
    Sue
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    i've been trying to eat a lot more fish lately! I broil or bake tilapia or salmon with a little seasoning, served with a little brown rice and tons of veggies. I also LOVE chicken cut into strips in a pan with a little bit of lemon pepper seasoning (low sodium!) and the juice of one lemon....this is frequently requested by my boyfriend! oh, and although it's not exactly the picture of healthy, I love shrimp scampi, cook shrimp with some white wine, LOTS of lemon juice and lots of garlic! (my mom puts butter in there, but I have left it out and it's still delish!) toss some whole wheat pasta with a little olive oil, then mix in shrimp!
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I love to make stir fry with many kinds of vegetables. I put either shrimp or chopped chicken in with the vegetables. I just eat a large portion of that and skip the rice.

I have become a fan of turkey bacon instead of regular bacon. It is great in an omelette with co jack cheese. Omelettes keep me filled up for hours.
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Grilled vegetables. YUM! The last batch I did was zucchini, yellow squash, mushroom, red bell pepper and onions with a little olive oil and some Italian seasonings. I've joined a CSA this summer and most of these veggies came from there, so were super duper fresh.
  • chrisdw
    chrisdw Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a favorite chicken salad recipe...I buy a bag of frozen chicken breasts and grill them. Let them refrigerate overnight so they are cold. Shred them in the food processor or with a fork, then add salt, pepper, a handful of roasted almonds, (not salted), about two cups of of halved, seedless red grapes and just enough Miracle Whip FREE to make it stick together a little. It is wonderful!
  • shander7
    Options
    yum! these all look delicious :)
  • cleaneater2
    Options
    This is the MOST YUMMY recipe....you'll want to lick the plate clean!!

Caribbean Tuna Salad
    INGREDIENTS:
    • 2 cooked tuna steaks, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 3 cups) ***You can use water packed canned tuna if you dont have time to make the steaks.***
    • 1 cup ripe mango, diced
    • 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
    • 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
    • 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
    • 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
    • 1 1/2 tbsp natural peanut butter, unsalted
    • 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
    • 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
    • Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
    • 4 Bibb lettuce or radicchio leaves
    • 4 tbsp dry roasted peanuts, unsalted

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1.In a large bowl, combine tuna, mango, red pepper, scallions and cilantro. Toss to combine and set aside.
    2.In a small bowl, whisk together broth, peanut butter, vinegar and lime juice. Add it to tuna mixture and toss gently to coat tuna and vegetables. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.
    3.Arrange lettuce leaves on separate plates and spoon 1/4 of tuna mixture into each. Top with roasted peanuts just before serving

Nutrients per 1-cup serving: Calories: 260, Total Fat: 12 g, Sat. Fat: 2 g, Carbs: 18 g, Fiber: 4 g, Sugars: 12 g, Protein: 22 g, Sodium: 135 mg, Cholesterol: 25 mg
  • Rockindreamer
    Options
    omg that carribean tuna salad sounds amazing! Definitely gonna try that! =)
  • shander7
    Options
    That tuna salad looks amazing!!