Day 6..i'm finding this tough now!!

Options
I'm struggling today, I just keep looking at bad foods.....my 1st weigh in tomorrow.....any ideas on a good snack that would make me feel better

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    food will never make you feel better. Food is for fuel only.
  • CKM14
    CKM14 Posts: 1
    Options
    I feel you--day 2 and I want a Red Robin cheeseburger like nobody's business :)

If you want a quick snack that's low cal...try ANY of the skinny cow snacks (ice cream or cookies)...I've heard they're great! I bought some but haven't tried them yet. Also, Snackwell's has chocoalte-y 100 calorie packs that could satisfy your need for something sweet!

Hope it helps and good luck!
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    red, yellow or orange peppers...slice them into strips and dip them into hummus...very filling and only a few calories

avacados...very filling...rich and creamy...makes me feel like I am having a cheat snack

oatmeal...filling and healthy carbs
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Some of my fav snacks
    * Reduced fat wheat thins with a wedge of garlic & herb laughing cow cheese
    * Fiber one 90 calorie bar
    * Chocolate or caramel rice cakes with or without peanut butter
    * Fruit of any kind
    * Skinny cow truffle ice cream bars or anything skinny cow!

It does get easier... hope this helps!
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Eat a big plate of veggies or fruit. It will fill you up so you don't want anything else and won't destroy your diet!
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    String cheese is always a good snack, or celery with peanut butter
  • danaleotx
    Options
    A handful of almonds is a great source of protein & often satisfies my desire to snack! Good luck!!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options

If you want a quick snack that's low cal...try ANY of the skinny cow snacks (ice cream or cookies)...I've heard they're great! I bought some but haven't tried them yet. Also, Snackwell's has chocoalte-y 100 calorie packs that could satisfy your need for something sweet!

I'm actually going to somewhat disagree with this....and I don't mean this ugly. From a good place, I promise. I did this for the longest time. My snacks would be a 100 calorie pack of...blank....or a Fiber One bar...etc..90 calorie Special K bar. These *diet* foods actually make thiings so much worse as they are nothing but carbs and SUGAR. They make you hungry 10 minutes later CRAVING more..sugar. For dessert Skinny Cow is good...but if you are snack attacking AVOID things like Snackwells. Try an apple, a low sugar/carb protein bar, some almonds etc. Trust me when I say it has taken me years to finally let this sink into my noggin. If it's low-fat/low-cal....avoid it...it will just make things worse. Good luck! Try and stay as unprocessed as possible..it does make it easier!! :-)))
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    food will never make you feel better. Food is for fuel only.
    What she said!
  • jackieb79
    Options
    If you are not actually hungry, then brush your teeth or chew some gum to make the desire to eat something go away.
  • Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Organic Salsa and baked chips!

Sugar Free Pudding

Special K bars

One Cup of Cheerios

String Cheese

Small vanilla ice cream cone from McDonalds (Only 150 cals)

Chobani Greek Yogurt

Trident Splash Pucker Me Berry Sugar free Gum

Hummas and baked chips
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I have had several of those days and have allowed myself to eat what I wanted. Now I am up in my pounds and know that I can't "allow" myself to even think of eating the bad things. I am snacking on almonds today. They are good for ya. Also, those Quaker 90 calorie granola bars are super yummy when you are craving something sweet.
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    It is going to be tough. I had a breakdown a few weeks into it. You just have to compare. like How do you feel when you are done eating badly? How do you feel when you eat healthy foods? and just keep that in mind. That has gotten me to not eat fast food in about a month and I feel fantastic. Easy snacks, rice cakes, Veggies, there are healthy chips out there the brand I like is called " food is supposed to taste good" They come in different flavors and a serving size is 10 chips. I just brake them in half after I count them out and it seems like I am eating 20 chips lol. Fruits and basically anything that you can take with you. I always pre portion my snacks and enter then into my log so that way when I get the craving to munch I know that they are already entered in and I can feel free to snack at my leisure.

Oh Cheese sticks or 50 cal cheese packs are good too. Good luck and keep going you will see results not only in weight but in attitude!
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    hugs

my favorite snack is lol ants on a log (yep I have kids so thats how it works) celary stix , little bit of peanut butter and rasins

also really love laughing cow garlic and herb light wedge cheese spread (35cal wedge) and some hint of salt ritz or baby carrots yummy
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options

I'm actually going to somewhat disagree with this....and I don't mean this ugly. From a good place, I promise. I did this for the longest time. My snacks would be a 100 calorie pack of...blank....or a Fiber One bar...etc..90 calorie Special K bar. These *diet* foods actually make thiings so much worse as they are nothing but carbs and SUGAR. They make you hungry 10 minutes later CRAVING more..sugar. For dessert Skinny Cow is good...but if you are snack attacking AVOID things like Snackwells. Try an apple, a low sugar/carb protein bar, some almonds etc. Trust me when I say it has taken me years to finally let this sink into my noggin. If it's low-fat/low-cal....avoid it...it will just make things worse. Good luck! Try and stay as unprocessed as possible..it does make it easier!! :-)))

I agree for the most part but with a stronger stance. I find if I stay away from white flour and any type of sugar altogether my cravings will go away within 2 weeks. Nothing has ever helped me get past the 2 week marker before until I tried this way!

I also believe in eating mainly whole foods. Whole grains, chicken, & fish. Make sure you do get your whole grains because that will help fill you up. I don't go for 100 calorie packs of anything. Carbs aside, I found that by getting a food scale I can have lots of watermelon or strawberries for 100 calories. They have vitamins, fiber, and lots of water in them to help fill you up.

Have your snack, make sure it is incorporated into your daily calorie count, down a glass of water or two and walk away. Toughing it out in the first 90 days and drawing a hard line about "junk food" or "just this once" also made a difference for me showing myself that for the first time ever, I CAN DO IT! You can do it, too! You have to be tough with yourself in the beginning while you are learning new habits and trying to forget your old ones. Good luck!
  • Atthea
    Atthea Posts: 53
    Options
    Try a crazy cardio session !! Some, kicks, jumping jacks, jumping ropes, dance moves anything !! :bigsmile:

Seriously it will get your anxiety down and you will have a major endorphin buzz! :love:

That is a great feeling!

Then you'll reward yourself with eating well and you'll have conquered your bad slope!!!

GO FOR IT !!!!!!
  • healthychelsea
    Options
    Anything in moderation won't hurt you. If you like oreos, have one! But limit yourself and log it. You can't expect to be perfect and have a perfectly healthy diet. Don't cut out the foods you love completely. Treat yourself!