30DS and a gain in weight

Options
Does anyone else experience any small gains in weight while doing the first half of the 30 Day Shred (or any intense work out series for that matter)? This is the second time I am doing the Shred, and again I am up in weight 2-4 pounds for about the first 15 days of it. Before you say 'it''s not about the numbers, it's inches and..." I know that already , I am just curious as to why :)

Just wondering is this is normal, if it happens to anyone else here.

Thanks for your input.

Replies

• Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Anytime I do an intense workout for a few days-weeks I gain weight due to water retention in the muscles. They are sore and need to repair themselves. Drink extra water to flush the excess out!
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I started it and gained 4 pounds in about 5 days... so I stopped. When I get to the weight I want I will start it over again.
  • randomartisrgirl
    Options
    I think it might just be water retention for rebulding tiny tears in muscles that you get when you do a bunch of hard work your body isn't used to. It should go away.
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely water retention. When you work that hard, you end up drinking more water. That water weight will dissapate if you keep going. Just keep doing what you're doing - giving your body as much water as it actually needs, and then it won't store it anymore.
  • amberlineilene
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE :)
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I know it is happening to me and a few other friends doing it right now. I keep repeating it will be ok, it will be ok...