Ladies....question!

So "aunt flow" will be in town on the 10th or TOM lol whatever ya call it. And it seems like the few days before I just feel nasty (bloated, insecure) I consider my self a very motivated person. But I was wondering if any one does anything to help that? Are there any PMS stretching or exercises??

Also I have really really bad cramps the first day and half (sister days I may have fibroids) but does anyone else have em bad and do anything besides ibu profen or heating pads? I feel immune to medication for my lady business it sucks. I know gaining weight played a huge part in my menstrual cycle but the cramping hasn't ceased even after 50 lbs lost.

Suggestions are lovely!

Replies

• c0untingsheep
    c0untingsheep Posts: 159 Member
    I've heard that the endorphins released from exercise can help menstruation pains. I don't know about you, but the last thing I want to do on my period is exercise. I still force myself to do it though.

So I guess any exercise could work, just pick your favorite!

Or use Midol when it gets really bad haha.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    umm, this may be TMI, but nookie usually helps my cramps. Thankfully, that TOM doesn't gross out my husband. It grosses ME out, but once I've had "one," I usually don't care, and the cramps subside.
  • girlwapp
    girlwapp Posts: 136 Member
    I've found that my favorite exercise when I have cramps (although getting myself to actually go do it is difficult sometimes) is swimming. It's not weight bearing and I don't have to swim very hard very long for it to help start easing my cramps. Of course, is that when I want to be wearing a swimsuit? Maybe not, but it is definitely easier than running.

And yes, orgasming can help cramps. Fun world, neh?
  • I too have extremely horrible pains. Have had them since I was 11 years old. I also bleed very heavy which most of the time makes it impossible to excersise or do much of anything really.

I would agree that Midol helps a little bit more then just the average Advil/ Ibprophen. I like the heating pad as well. But one thing I do that helps is similar to the back/foot pain tenis ball roll. I take the tenis ball and roll it over my lower abdomen in a circular motion. It helps to relieve some pain.

My cramps are generally more severe when I have cysts which I can feel just because I know what I am looking for. This could also be the problem you are having. I would get them checked out if you havent. Many doctors prescribe birthcontrol to help with cycles. Anyways this is what I have learned over the past 19 years.
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    umm, this may be TMI, but nookie usually helps my cramps. Thankfully, that TOM doesn't gross out my husband. It grosses ME out, but once I've had "one," I usually don't care, and the cramps subside.

Ha!! Don't tell my husband this!! I LOOK FORWARD to that time of the month so that I can get a break from nookie!!! LOL! :glasses:
  • samanthalynne21
    samanthalynne21 Posts: 140 Member
    Not TMI. actually what I have to be careful of is having sex right before my period, some how that makes my cramps HORRIBLE. My mom had fibroids had to get hysterectomy in her early 40's because they caused her to have periods almost 7 days a week all month long. and my sister had them and they grew to the same size as my neice during pregnancy. So i am guessing I may be jaded but any help is help =)

• BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    I have a fibroid that grew into the size of a grapefruit when I was pregnant. It gives be a lot of trouble during that TOM. It always did. The only solution for me was to go on the pill. I take Yaz (despite the commercials my doctor says they are one of the best on the market). Because they are monophasic pills meaning one constant dose of hormone...I skip the 'placebo' and start the next pack of pills. Before I decided to get pregnant I had not had a period in 5 years. I couldn't take them for the last year while I was nursing..but I have recently started back again after a few months of hellish cramps and bloating and pscyhosis. :)
  • Usually mild movement helps me. A short walk, a little bit of stretching, ect. I never want to get up in the first place but it really does help.

That and really loose pants. Keeping the pressure off the area really helps me.

And waffles... But I think that ones just me lol.
  • just working out helps with bleeding and cramps. my jr high couch told me this and i just thought he got tired of my mom writing me notes every month lol, but it really does i notice when i workout every day and change my eating habits mines much lighter shorter and less crampy. ibuprofen helps but is also a blood thinner so it may cause more bleeding.
  • I've had to work through it because every since I got the birth control shot, then stopped getting it (i only got it once!), my TOM is about 3 WEEKS long EVERY month! It freaking sucks! I use to have my period, at the most, for 3 days. That shot is ruined me.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    i call it "the blob"
  • AliDarling
    AliDarling Posts: 373
    celery cures bloat, bannans have lots of potassium and iron fro blood, watermelon helps you metabolism
  • SDV219
    SDV219 Posts: 106
    This made me LOL
    And waffles... But I think that ones just me lol.

Sorry to hear about your TOM issues ... that sucks. Same here for me too, but for some odd reason, once I was diagnosed hypothyroid and started synthroid it got better. I too don't feel like doing anything except laying curled up in a ball. For me, just getting up and forcing myself to move usually does the trick. Not the most fun the first 10 minutes, but once I get going, I feel 10x better afterwards.

(((BIG HUGS)))