I dont wanna grow up.......

What is the ONE thing you miss MOST about being a kid?

Replies

• alvi002
    alvi002 Posts: 23
    living in Nicaragua in year round 80 degree weather
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    SUMMER vacation!!! that's why I'm trying to finish my degree in education.. ha!
  • 46and2
    46and2 Posts: 167
    Physical recovery from the times when I did stupid stuff.
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    getting excited about the most trivial things...
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    snow forts in Winter.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Not having to pay bills!! That's what I miss the most! That whole responsible thing is just sooo over rated! :laugh:

Other than that...I still try to do all the other things and not 'grow up' too much. I still watch cartoons on Sat. mornings, I still have squirt gun/nerf gun wars with the kids, play with legos, hotwheels, and STILL dress up every Halloween and go trick or treating. Having a five year old really helps me with a lot of this, but in a lot of areas, I refuse to let myself 'grow up' too much! :)
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Summers was summers.......hot weather................. etc

Winter was WINTER..........with real snow etc
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Definitely not having to worry about money. It's so funny I remember how I couldn't wait till I was grown and out on my own so I could go out whenever I wanted and party and this and that, and when that finally happened I never do any of that because I'm always broke lol.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    My KICK@$$ imagination! I would seriously get upset that it wouldn't rain skittles and that I couldn't fly.

Running as fast as I can FOR FUN! (not fitness)

Playing saved by the bell with the neighbors

One thing I still do is I used to sit upside down in a chair and imagine walking around the house on the ceiling... freaks the hell out of my husband.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    My parents. :brokenheart:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Being able to leave the house with nothing. No keys, no ID, no money.
  • sarahrobin
    sarahrobin Posts: 138 Member
    Little to no responsibility and not having to worry about money. I miss those days! :sad:
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    My KICK@$$ imagination! I would seriously get upset that it wouldn't rain skittles and that I couldn't fly.

Running as fast as I can FOR FUN! (not fitness)

Playing saved by the bell with the neighbors

One thing I still do is I used to sit upside down in a chair and imagine walking around the house on the ceiling... freaks the hell out of my husband.

LoL. The imagination was kick *kitten* back in those days!!
  • shelleilei
    shelleilei Posts: 122 Member
    Being able to go and play outside all day in the Summer till the street lights went on.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,307 Member
    Before we got big enough and had to help with the hay being put up being out in the fields playing around with my brother.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    This is hard because I don't miss childhood one bit. But less care about the world and politics was nice. Sometimes, ignorance IS bliss.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    My parents. :brokenheart:

{{Hugs}} :flowerforyou:

Christmas Eve waiting for Santa! :drinker:
  • Someone else being responsible for all the bills. For that, I hate being a grown up.
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Living the whole summer running around our very small town with all my friends. No need for any clothing other than swimsuits. Sleeping down on the river or sleep overs on the pool deck. Having my first "boyfriend" and having kissing contests. Living off Sour Patch kids and Jolt. No responisbility, no cares or worries. That summer was an epic summer! The kind of summer that will forever be the greatest summer of my life.
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Barbies... haha true story.