A New Start - 45 pounds gone!

It is about time for me to say hello. I have been a member of MFP since February 17th. In that time I have lost 45 pounds (check out some of my before and after pictures). It has been a slow but VERY motivating experience. I have been working out 6 days a week since February. Slim in 6, 30 day shred, P90X, recumbent bike and lately a treadmill. I have tried to mix things up so my body did not get used to what I was doing. When I started this journey I was on 5 different cholesterol medications. I am VERY PLEASED to tell everyone that I am off ALL of them.

I am running every day for 40 - 60 minutes. I am burning LOTS of calories and feeling really good. I am also registered to run my first 5-K in December with one of my daughters. My question to the runners out there . . . Is it good to be running 5 - 6 times a week ?? I also am doing some light weight lifting several days a week. I have looked on the internet for information and it is mixed. I would love to get some feedback from all of you.

I have enjoyed and been motivated by all of your daily struggles and moments of victory over old lifestyles. I hope I can be an encouragement to those of you that are just starting this journey. Keep going 1 meal, 1 day, 1 pound at a time !!

Replies

• It is about time for me to say hello. I have been a member of MFP since February 17th. In that time I have lost 45 pounds (check out some of my before and after pictures). It has been a slow but VERY motivating experience. I have been working out 6 days a week since February. Slim in 6, 30 day shred, P90X, recumbent bike and lately a treadmill. I have tried to mix things up so my body did not get used to what I was doing. When I started this journey I was on 5 different cholesterol medications. I am VERY PLEASED to tell everyone that I am off ALL of them.

I am running every day for 40 - 60 minutes. I am burning LOTS of calories and feeling really good. I am also registered to run my first 5-K in December with one of my daughters. My question to the runners out there . . . Is it good to be running 5 - 6 times a week ?? I also am doing some light weight lifting several days a week. I have looked on the internet for information and it is mixed. I would love to get some feedback from all of you.

I have enjoyed and been motivated by all of your daily struggles and moments of victory over old lifestyles. I hope I can be an encouragement to those of you that are just starting this journey. Keep going 1 meal, 1 day, 1 pound at a time !!
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Wow! Congratulations on your success! You look amazing... I wish that I could get my mother on board with you. As seeing how well you've done, she'd really believe it's possible and worthwhile. :flowerforyou:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    congrats! You look wonderful. thanks for sharing your story. I look forward to losing my 50lbs and being here to say the same things as you!
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Hats off to you!! You are doing a great job :flowerforyou: Congratulations on the upcoming grandbabies!!
  • Congratulations to you on your success on your weightloss, Maybe you might share some light on how you shed your weight, with some healthy meals or was it just in due time ! :flowerforyou:

I can't wait to drop these 50 lbs aswell Mangoaddict, You def are a beautiful women. Congrants on being a grandmother ....

96972.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • I love to see stories like yours. It's such an inspiration to keep going and helps give me continued motivation. You look great by the way. How did you do it, if you don't mind me asking. I've lowered my calories and joined a gym on Nov 11th. It seems to working so far. Again, Congratulations. kim
  • I just followed the MFP plan. I tried my very best to stay within my calories for the day and worked out at home 6 days a week. I seems so simple NOW !! Just keep motivated and if you have a bad day don't let it get you down. Just start fresh the next day and keep going !

It is a strange thing to have perspective now that most of my extra weight is gone. I had control over me all along. I just didn't know it, or believe it a few months back
  • :noway: Wow amazing, congrats! You are an inspiration. :drinker:
    So do you recommend those tapes for a beginner? I need to start exercising but I've been sedentary my whole life.
  • giggles724
    giggles724 Posts: 49 Member
    WOW!!- YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! 45 LBS GONE AND YEARS OFF......You definitely don't look your age!
    JOB WELL DONE!!
    :smile:
  • bethany_burns
    bethany_burns Posts: 22 Member
    That's my momma! I'm so proud of you mom, you have worked SO hard and it paid off more than we could have ever imagined!! :)

Keep up the amazing work, you are going to be the coolest grandma ever!
  • cedargirl22
    cedargirl22 Posts: 29 Member
    Super Motivating! I can't wait until I'm there. Great job!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!