Newbie here

cnsmith2
cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
Hello all. I'm Nickie and I'm from Ohio. I'm 33 and been married for just over 11 years. I've been overweight my entire life and have tried all sorts of different tactics to lose weight. When I was younger, even though I was morbidly obese, I was still healthy. Aside from certain park rides, my weight didn't really keep me from doing anything I wanted to do. A few years ago as I was getting ready to have a gastric by-pass I hurt my back and had to have emergency surgery, and lost my job. As it turned out, my husband's insurance didn't cover the surgery as I had been informed and since I elected not to get COBRA, I was SOL.

My weight is now a great hindrance in my life. I don't get out of the house very often other than work. I get out of breath walking up the stairs and have joint problems. My husband is very supportive of my desire to become healthier, but in the past I've let the burden lay with him since he does most of the cooking. He also has a soft spot for me, so if I asked for something, I'd often get it.

I have decided that it's time to take control of my life. I'm not doing this for anyone other than myself. That has to be the only reason out there, otherwise it won't work for me.

Motivation is a hard thing to find at times. I've peeked around here a bit since I signed up last week and it is really nice to see people who have the same struggles and issues that I have.

I'm in it for the long haul this time. I love keeping track of my foods that I eat daily and this website is forcing me to really think hard about what I eat. I have to ask myself, do I really want to write it down? If the answer is no, then I choose something else.

I look forward to getting to know new people on here and hopefully share in successful times with many people.

Nickie