NSV- Over coming workout obstacles

Options
So my goal was to go to the gym for an hour after work; like I have been doing every other day for a couple of months now. Obstacle #1 My husband calls me and says that we have unexpected company showing up at the house. Which I am not happy about because my house wasn't "company" ready. So I say I am going to miss my workout and go home and and clean. I get home to find out that the house wasn't as bad as I thought so I cleaned up really quick and was going to go to the gym after all.

Obstacle #2 Then I start thinking to myself that I don't want to be all sweaty when my cousin gets there. But I stop myself and say "I'm going". And head out the door.

Obstacle #3 I get to my car and realize that my daughter had taken my ear buds for my iPod. Arrrggg.... Luckily my son came to my rescue and let me borrow his.

Obstacle #4 I get to the gym and the only other person there is a very very undesirable community member, whom I had personally kicked out of my house on two occasions. He knows that I dislike him. I almost turned around and walked out... but I didn't I jumped on the elliptical and hit it hard.

All though I didn't get to work out for as long as normal I feel victorious for not letting the little things stop me from going. In the past any one of those things by them selves would have stopped me. I over came them all on one day!

Replies

• whitejessamine
    Options
    Good for you!
  • TiffMax
    TiffMax Posts: 70
    Options
    Way to go- change is great- awesome to remind yourself where youve been and see how far youve come- even and especially mentally
  • xoang175ox
    Options
    Thats awesome! I probably would have given in and not went!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Yay! Those are some great mental victories. You overcame the excuses and did what you know you needed to do. I bet you feel fantastic; you should. :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!