Cleanse

Options
My friend just did a 48 hour cleanse. All she had was water mixed with maple syrup and lemon.

I want to do one but I need some nutrients.

Anyone have a good cleanse they can suggest that won't have me passing out?

Replies

• getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    My friend did the Master Cleanse too for 3 days I have no idea how she got through. I attempted years ago for half day then I broke down when I smelled everyone's lunch food at work. Here is one that seems a lot more tolerable from Gwyneth Paltrow's blog GOOP: http://goop.com/newsletter/15/
  • pkarim
    pkarim Posts: 171
    Options
    Ramadan is helping me a lot, no food or drink sunrise to sunset. And when I do eat I try to eat only natural organic food and drink tons of water. The weight seems to be coming off pretty quickly. You shouldn't do the entire month but do it for maybe 3 days and see how you feel.
  • Sarw27
    Sarw27 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Two days with nothing but water and maple syrup? Narsty!

I would love to do a liquid cleanse but not sure I could last a day let alone two.

What about if you drink water and take lots of vitamins and maybe a protein shake made with water (not milk)?

Ah, what do I know.
  • slbeutler
    slbeutler Posts: 205
    Options
    That sounds like torture, lol. i am doing a cleanse right now that is not so drastic.Message me if you want the details. It is not too hard or expensive and I did about 6 months ago and lost 7 pounds in the 3 days (mostly waste and water retention) but it helped get me on track with my eating for the long term. It also provides the necessary nutrients you need for the day, but because the calories are a bit lower, it is not recommended to go beyond the 3 days.